1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Schaller Da Vinci with Detuner/Xtender Question

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Cowboy in Latvia, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Cowboy in Latvia

Cowboy in Latvia

Mar 1, 2015
    I really want to replace some tuners with the Da Vinci tuners from Schaller (because they look awesome and fit with my weight requirement) and I was wondering if there is a detuner or similar item that will work with them.

Reasons:
    • Love the tuners for the look and weight.
    • Need to reduce a bit of neck dive.
    • Really want to put in a detuner instead of buying a 5-string for my current gig. Have a 5-er and really just want my favorite 4-string to go one note lower.
    • Did I mention I really want the Da Vinci(s)? I know, stupid but they're
    • Really not interested in the Hipshots or BML tuners.
    Much appreciated if you have any help to offer.

2. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Hipshots ultra-lite will work, but it'll be a asthetic mismatch. Call Hipshot and see if they will custom mount one for you. Their BT12 mounts the same way the Da Vinci does, and they do mount some Schallers on their extenders (M4 extender.) Given that, I don't think you are seeking anything extroidinary. Since it's a one off they may ask you to supply the tuner though.
    HIPSHOT
    Get in touch
    607-532-9404 • E-mail

8248 State Route 96
    Interlaken, NY 14847

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    Cowboy in Latvia likes this.
  3. Cowboy in Latvia

Cowboy in Latvia

Mar 1, 2015
    Thanks for the information. I just emailed them. If I don't have a response in a few days I'll call.