1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Schaller Humbuckers Guru Question - Carl Thompson Bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by MaddAnthony_59, Apr 15, 2016.

1. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    Hello. I have a 1975 Carl Thompson bass. I got it in a trade, and the person I got it from Modded it, but included the original electronics. I am trying to get the bass back to it's Original configuration. But even CT himself isn't sure how to do it anymore. So!

Here is a picture of the body & electronics.

DSC00061.

The top switch is a "Standby", On / Off switch. The 2 DPDT's were On/Off/On. I believe they were wired Series / Off / Parallel, 1 switch per pickup. But the pickups only seem to have 2 wires. Knobs are Vol / Vol Tone.

CT proposed connecting it with the 2 wires, then adding a capacitor to the other "ON" selection the give a Bass Boost.

Any of you Guru's know how to get a setup that would give me Series / Off(Got that one!) Parallel (Kinda got that one too...)

2. S.O.T.G. Rich

S.O.T.G. Rich Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2014
    Corpus Christi Texas
    If you ever sell this bass PLEASE!! Keep me in mind. This is one of my favorite of Carl’s designs I have an early 75 that has deArmond pickups in it and it’s a little less agressive looking. This one looks like the one made in September or October. Love it!