1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SCHALLER TUNER REPLACEMENT PARTS....WHO TO CONTACT??

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by MoonDoggy, May 18, 2011.

1. MoonDoggy

MoonDoggy Registered Loser Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Altoona, PA
    I just got a set of gold Schaller M4S tuning machines and one is missing the 'Thrust Bearing' and Washer.

I have these tuners:

http://schaller-electronic.de/download/CY417454a4X127ba1e578aXY31da/94___539.jpg

And what I'm looking for is in the bottom right of this picture (+ the washer):

http://guitar-parts.biz/upload/CY3fb0fa84X1296996778cXY3022/1277376969845/2010_06_019_eng.jpg
    (but in gold)

I tried the nearest Schaller dealer to me in NE Ohio, which is Stew-Mac. They would only sell me a complete tuner, and they didn't have gold.

Then I tried AllParts. They also would only sell me a complete tuner.

I've yet to get a response back directly from Schaller.

I just need a replacement gold thrust bearing and washer! I thought it would be much easier than this!

Can anyone else help me????

Do you happen to have these parts laying around?

Do you know who to contact to get replacement Schaller parts?

2. Hi.

Thrust bearing my a** :D.

As an BEng Mech, I sometimes find it hilarious how engineering vocabulary finds its way into everyday speech with a totally different meaning.

A tuner of that kind does have a kind of a thrust washer/bearing as well (on the worm shaft, between the button and the body), and those can be found on StewMac for example.

As for the place to find a barrel nut and a washer for a closed type tuner, the local music shop or the oldest repair person in the area is the most likely the places where a part like that would be found.

Wording the title a bit differently might help some TBer who has one in their parts drawer to step in.

Heck, if I had one, I'd send it to You. But I don't have any.

Regards
    Sam

3. MoonDoggy

MoonDoggy Registered Loser Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Altoona, PA
    Anybody have and spare gold Schaller parts laying around??!?

Anybody know where to buy Schaller parts???

HELP MEEEEEEE!!!!

4. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011