Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Schcter Baron H bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Micolao, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    I really like this bass...except the headstock is the perfect bass for me...I love the shape of the body...
    Anyway it seems not so popular...anyone has experience with this bass?
    Pics of yours?
    Soundclip etc...
    everything is well accepted...

[​IMG]

2. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    Maybe this is the less sold bass in the whole world???

3. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Ooh, I really like that.:bassist:

4. IotaNet

IotaNet Supporting Member

Micolao -
    There is one for sale (in the natural finish) right down the block from me and I have been tempted. Here's a very good review: Schecter Baron - H

The salesman at the store (my bass tech -- he is an awesome bassist and a good guy) told me the following:

* Great Bass but VERY punchy (His exact words were, "You better be fearless if you're going to play this one because the tone sits WAY out front.")

* It's heavier than you think.

I played it unplugged. It had a great feel but I have no idea how it sounds amplified. It was beautiful to look at, tho.

5. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    Whoaha....

my GAS is growing....:rollno:
    I love the asat shape, infact, here's the new bass I'm assembling (photoshopped version by a TB member):
    [​IMG]

6. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy

can you please explain?

7. So, you're NOT into it now?

8. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    Sorry, I don't understand.

9. I guess I was asking why you put the :rollno: there when you commented on your G.A.S. growing, it implies sarcasm, like you no longer are interested.

I simply asked if, after having read the review posted, if you were still interested in the Baron bass...seeing the next post was you posting a pic of the bass you will be building instead....(? am I wrong? or you were already building it, and saw the Schecter?)

I meant no offense, just how I read into it. (btw, I like the photoshopped bass better)

10. IotaNet

I took that to mean that the sound is very punchy -- and with that big Humbucking pickup, I believe him.

It's not like a P-Bass that will sit down low in the mix. It's probably more like a Stringray with an "in your face" sound, especially with the chambered body.

11. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy

Well this is good for me, I have a passive P/MM bas, a jazz is comin'... so I think it will be perfect for me..

Now I want to know the real difference between the MIA model and the korean one...

12. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    haaa...ok, the :rollno: face was meaning:

"why I never have the money when I see something I like?:rollno:

:smug:

The photoshopped bass is almost finished, the only thing missimg is the glossy finiture...:hyper:

13. Squidfinger

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA

OK, I changed my mind. I really really really really like this bass now. Uhhh, GAS.......growing.

14. Ah, I know that all too well. :smug: thanks for clarifying. best of luck on the new bass.

15. Squidfinger

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    bump:D

Talk about this bass damnit!

16. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    Looks awesome, but I can almost taste the neck dive.

17. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I think they look great. Pickup placement doesn't seem right....seems to far back by the bridge. The Schecter Custom Shop Baron has the pickup much closer to the neck...like probably 1" closer than this import model. BP reviewed it (the CS model) in one of the 5 string shootouts I believe. It got pretty good marks. I've owned import Schecters before and they are no doubt well built.
    -Bazz-

18. dgce

dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    I asked about this bass on TB about a year ago and got no feedback. ZIP. I've been to a few shops that carry Schecter and all I ever see are C-models and Stilettos; never the Baron. I was interested in this axe because I thought it would be a great back up to my G&L ASAT. I can't believe NO ONE has tried this thing out? Come on, speak up already. Cool? Crap? We know one salesmen's take on it but I'm talking about someone who either owns one or has had a lot of experience on one, not just a guy trying to make a sale.

r

19. IotaNet

For what it's worth ...

Although my guy is a salesman, he's a pretty respected bassist and definitely doesn't need to exaggerate the capabilities of a bass to me in order to make a sale. Heck, he's warned me away from bad basses and done free setups on basses I didn't even buy from there. (And oh, by the way, this is a shop I've done a goodly bit of business with)

I realize that's only one opinion but don't impugn it just because he's a salesman. As I said before, he's a good guy and *I* would trust him with my money. Actually, I already have in the past and I've never been screwed.

YMMV

P.S. My earlier post does contain a pretty well-written review from HC as well.