SOLD Schecter 004 Modified (EMG/Sadowsky). !Now OBO!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ikonz1122, Oct 13, 2021.

1. ikonz1122

ikonz1122 Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Humboldt County, CA
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    Hey all, I have a pretty heavily modified Schecter 004 bass, or as I like to call it, the “Schectenbacker.”

Electronics mods include an EMG 35p4 neck pickup and an EMG 35j in the bridge position, essentially making this a PJ pickup configuration. The preamp has been changed to a Sadowsky pre with VTC.
    Cosmetically, I have removed the black finish on the headstock to give it a more classic look. This was done with progressive sanding and finished with tung oil. This was not “professionally” done, but it certainly looks clean in my opinion. Some player wear is visible, but nothing that will likely upset anyone buying an inexpensive instrument. This bass also has a brass nut and a string-thru-body option (stock). I will include the stock Schecter electronics as well.

This bass is actually a really good player, tone is killer. The pickup/pre combo is crazy punchy. My only gripe is that there isn’t a forearm cutout on the top of the body making pick playing uncomfortable for me. Finger playing and slap doesn’t bother me though. If you play with a pick closer to the neck, then this might not bother you as much.

This bass weighs in at 8.2 lbs.

$500 OBO shipped CONUS in a cheap bag. I will package it well for shipment. I will consider trades plus cash on my end for an American p or j bass with maple fretboards. Also interested in 50’s p basses (Vintera/Road Worn).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    raal, BradH, Snowglo and 1 other person like this.
  2. Bamabassit

Bamabassit

Jul 1, 2020
    Hey there ..what is the control layout on the Sadowsky pre??? How much does she weigh in at ???

3. ikonz1122

Nov 21, 2015
    Humboldt County, CA
    Hello,

the Sadowsky preamp is VOLUME (push/pull for active/passive), BLEND, VTC (Vintage Tone Control), and stack treble/bass controls (boost only).

The VTC is cool because it acts like a traditional tone control on a passive bass, but it can be used in active mode too to tame the high end since there isn’t a treble-cut.

This bass weighs in at 8.2lbs.

Thanks for asking!

4. BradH

BradH Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Billings, Mt
    Great bass & great TB'er to deal with.
    GLWTS

ikonz1122 likes this.
  5. Bamabassit

Bamabassit

Jul 1, 2020
    Hey there again....lol....so is there any way you can record a short vid of the bass so I can hear the tone of this bass ??? It sure would help a man out making the call to buy or not !! If you could post it here with the pics I am sure if its not me.....it will help any others decide as well!!! I do appreciate it and your time.....just never heard a Sadowsky pre on a EMG before ..I am an EMG kinda guy I have them in most of mine but most also have the EMG pre !!!!!

ikonz1122 likes this.
  6. ikonz1122

Nov 21, 2015
    Humboldt County, CA
    Sure thing. I will certainly try to do that tonight when I get home. Thanks for the suggestion and thanks for your interest!

7. ikonz1122

Nov 21, 2015
    Humboldt County, CA
    Sold to a fellow TB member. Thanks everyone for you interest!

BradH likes this.
  8. Bamabassit

Bamabassit

Jul 1, 2020
    Can't wait to get her and let her rip!!!!!

BradH and ikonz1122 like this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 28, 2021