Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Schecter & Aria

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by B8ssMan89, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Hey, are schechter and Aria basses any good?
    They look really nice, and I've heard good things about'em. just gettin some input from y'all

2. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Don't know about the new Arias, mines 20 years old but its pretty neat.

Schecters seem good, just played around in the store. Look very nice. I had a cheap Schecter guitar that was excellent, Duncan Designed P/Us were junk but it's great with good ones. Held up to a lot of abuse, their stuff seems well made.

3. dgce

dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    Are you talking about the Diamond Series import Schecters or the domestic models? The US ones are excellent but bang for buck, I have to say the Korean made Diamond Series are pretty impressive.

I know little of the new Arias, however of what I've tried, I can't say I was impressed. Now the old Aria SB basses of the 80s were pretty good! Basically they were poor-peoples' Alembics. If you luck up on one in good condition, you might have a great axe on the cheap.

Come to think of it, I tried a Schecter Stiletto Studio 4 and was blow away at the tone and comfy feel. It so happened there was a similarly priced and similar looking new Aria hanging there (couldn't tell you the model, basically it had that dark wood, koa look to it) and it was no where near as happening as the Schecter. I even tried a cheaper Schecter Stiletto with a bolt on neck. Though it wasn't as happening as the Studio, it wasn't bad at all considering the low price.

And so there you are; my two cents. Bon appetit.

r

4. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    The new Schecters from what I'm told are pretty awesome for the money. Aria Pro II basses from the 80's are excellent but hard to come by. You can find them every so often on eBay. The models to look for are TSB(thor sound bass) 400, 450, 650, The RS series and the SB series. Any of the other series CSB, ZZ are crap.

5. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    I bought a Schecter Deleo 5, and now also a Schecter DeLeo 4. Love those basses!

Lync

6. dgce

dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    Well the Schecter Stiletto already gets big thumbs up from me (especially the Studio and Custom models). The discontinued C4 Elite and 0004 Elite basses were pretty damn good too (pity to see them go). But has anyone tried out the new CV4 or CV5 models (their J/MM, Lakland-like bass); the Baron bass (think G&L ASAT bass--tele shaped body with MM Seymour); or California Custom (fancy J-style 4 and 5 string models with tasty flame tops and EMGs). I'm pretty curious.

r