Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Schecter Baron 4 Semihollow FS/FT

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by rhett, Apr 8, 2005.

1. rhett

rhett

Dec 23, 2004
    Austin TX
    the deets:

Previously only available from the Schecter Custom Shop, the Diamond Series Baron Bass offers many features from its hand-built counterpart. The Baron features an oversized bound mahogany body and a brawny bolt-on 34" scale rock maple neck and a 22 fret rosewood fingerboard. The Baron features simple, yet versatile electronics. Based around a single Duncan Designed 'MM' Bass humbucker and a custom BEQ-3 circuit, which gives 12db of cut and/or boast control of the bass, middle and treble frequencies. A 'slap' switch is also included, activated via a push/pull master volume control, which adds an aggressive mid-range attack. A massive chrome plated Hipshot 'A' style bridge adds sonic sustain, low-end clarity and gives the player the option of 'thru-body' or traditional top-load stringing, or a combination of both!

Specs:
    Construction: Bolt On
    Body: Mahogany
    Neck: Maple
    Fingerboard: Rosewood
    Scale: 34"
    Pickups: Duncan Designed MM-101
    Hardware: Chrome
    Bridge: Hipshot A-Style
    Tuners: Grover
    Frets: 22 Medium
    Binding: Creme
    Inlays: Dot
    Electronics: Duncan Designed Active BEQ-3
    Finish: natural - they're only available in black now.
    with a TKL hard case that fits it like a glove.

Yeah, this is the same one that was listed here recently, it just doesn't have the low end boom my Ibanez semihollow does, and since i'm not keeping 2 semi hollow basses, it's gotta go.
    Great bass, like new condition w/ TKL hard case, $440 shipped is what it cost me, that's what it'll cost you.
    strangely, i couldn't find the former thread or i'd have just modded it and reposted it. there's photos out there somewheres, if anyone needs to see them

2. rhett

rhett

Dec 23, 2004
    Austin TX
  3. gojirin

gojirin

Oct 11, 2004
    Denver,CO
    To give you a bit of a bump...
    I'm a complete fool for telecaster types and semi-hollows, but just got a Spectorcore 5 fretless.
    Bummer...

4. rhett

rhett

Dec 23, 2004
    Austin TX
    a person could always use one more........hehe
    convinced yet? or should i twist a little more?

5. gojirin

gojirin

Oct 11, 2004
    Denver,CO
    I would love to, but that frettless put me in the no sneaking basses mode. Irony is we've got the only 2 Schecters I would be interested in for sale at the same time. :crying:
    I get to bump and use an icon....

6. rhett

rhett

Dec 23, 2004
    Austin TX
    she's a goner, traded for a Soundtech PS802 poweramp and Korg DTR1 tuner locally at Blues Angel Music. Great guy to do business with, Jim is.
    thanks for looking.