Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Schecter Baron 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tactician, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Has anyone seen one of these or played one? I noticed a photo of one on another thread and thought it liiked so cool - like a bass version of a black Schecter PT Telecaster. I guess it should sound like a more powerful pickup'd Fender Precision.....anyone know?

2. That pup looks right about in the MM Sterling position. I like the Sterling, but that thing just doesn't appeal to me. I never liked tele type bodies on basses. And it just looks plain. Nothing at all appealing about that bass, IMO.

What does that one switch do?

3. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    where can i get one??

steve

4. basshag

basshag

Oct 17, 2001
    Santa Cruz, CA
    From my experience over the last few years, the Baron's are very rare - I've only seen a couple of them online. I first became interested in them from the 5 string showdown that BP did about 5 or 6 years ago. I finally had a custom Baron 5 string made by Schecter with a 35" scale, but I've actually been thinking about selling it lately because I never play a 5 string anymore. Incredible tone - totally cuts throught the mix. They use the Basslines MM replacement system now. I believe that the older Baron's were passive.

5. I gave up on this idea once I had spoken to the UK importer Sound Control. It just seemed expensive and I would have to wait about 6 months to get it. My take on instruments is that there are penty out there that can play well and I don't want a rarety that would be difficult to replace and break my heart if stolen (OK - its the money alright?).

Looking at a Yamaha 1500A, a Fender P or J. Most of the rest is just too esoteric in UK - too rare, too expensive, too difficult to try one before buying. We're stuck with most of the popular common stuff.

But the Baron still does something for me. Maybe make on from DIY parts from Warmoth? Anyong had a good experience on that route?