1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Schecter bass quandry

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mister Basser, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Mister Basser

Mister Basser

Jul 9, 2006
    Okay.. I played the Elite 5 sometime back and loved the tone and playability but was not crazy about the looks or cost and the fact that it had two volume controls. But this bass had harmonics flying off of it. Tons of fun. I found that the Riot 5 with burled maple was reduced to $600. Awesome looking but never played one but wanted it bad. As a test, I played a Hellraiser 5 today and I am totally perplexed. The tone on this bass was dead as a hammer. No highes at all...basically blah. All three basses are made of the same woods, same scale, seem to be basically the same electronics. May be a slight difference in the EMG pickup models. I was really pumped until I played the Hellraiser. Possibly really dead strings. Anybody have any experiences? By the way, I have been playing for 40 years, have 3 Peavey Cirruses, Yamaha RBX6JM, Carvin LB75 and Conklin Bill Dickens 7 string bass and a host of others.:meh:

2. SpamBot

SpamBot

Dec 25, 2008
    St. Paul, MN
    It's the strings.