Schecter bass???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fat-L, Sep 11, 2003.

1. fat-L

Sep 11, 2003
    I have a pal who owns a Schecter diamond series guitar... I am searching for input on there diamond series basses..
  2. i've got a custom-4 and i love it. the sound is great and it feels great.:D
  3. hibeam

Oct 16, 2002
    I've played one, and for the price I'd say that it was excellent. There are a few variations on what you can get, including an 8 string (doubled 4), I believe. The version I used was a 5 string, and I found the string spacing very friendly and the bass easy to play. The tone through an Ampeg B2R and a vintage 2x15 was warm and fat.
  4. whatever

Jul 2, 2003
    I have a Model T and I like it alot. It feels and plays great. The finish and craftsmanship is very good for it's price range. It sounds real good too, but I do want to swap out the EMG's it came with. I'm a bigger fan of passive pick ups. The bass was worth every penny I spent, I think it was around $650 but I'm not sure.
  5. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio

I think Schecters are great. I have a Stiletto Elite-4 which I'm actually selling. I'm only selling it because I just got a new Sterling and I don't have room for 2 4-strings at the moment.

I upgraded it to passive Bartolini soapbars with vol/bal/tone and a series/paralell switch for the bridge pickup. Also put on a Schaller Roller Bridge.

If you're interested (or if anyone is for that matter) PM me or email me. Price is $400 SHIPPED. One heck of a deal :) (I posted something on this bass before and had it at $400 PLUS shipping but I really gotta move it)

*EDIT* Oh yea the bass comes with a black Gator molded hard shell case
  6. Played a fretless Diamond series neckthrough with a wenge fingerboard. It was such a great bass, regardless of price. It was set up nicely, played very well, sounded simply warm and fat (with no onboard or amp tweaking). Great bass, fretted version seemed nice too, but the fretless made my jaw drop.
  7. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Wenge? I thought Diamond basses were rosewood. Was it the Stiletto Studio series? (3-band eq, lined board) to my knowledge thats the only fretltess schecter makes at the moment.
  8. My mistake than, it could have easily been rosewood. I played it for about 20 mins, and concentrated more on lookin at the lines than the board I guess. Or maybe its that Other Rosewood thread gettin in my head. ;)