Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Schecter basses good/ or bad?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ferd315, Oct 8, 2002.

1. ferd315

ferd315

Sep 20, 2001
    Us, Fl, Tampa
    I just bought a Schecter Custom 5 string bass, I think they sound good. I was just wondering what everyone else thought? My only gripe is the fairly thick neck, kinda like Spector.

2. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i have a schecter devil bass and i use it as my main bass with my rock band...i also own a n/t thumb 6 string and a usa curbow six string, so it sits well with it's bigger brothers.

3. Toneman

Toneman

Jun 6, 2001
    Long Island
    I have a Schecter model T five string I think its a good bass.

4. I have a stilleto 4 and absolutely love it. I think they make quality equipment, at least from what I've seen.

5. Bass Lad

Bass Lad

Oct 5, 2002
    Big Easy, LA
    I tried schecter stilleto 4 elite a couple of days ago in Guitar Center. The bass was sooo awesome... the tone was very versatile, the neck was great, and I liked the action. I think I'm gonna save some more money to get the stilleto studio version, cuz it looks cooler....

6. I think this is cool! (see attachment)

Oh yeah, I have a early 80's schecter P-bass type thing, and it rocks

7. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Schecter is a breath of fresh air in the "mid-level" market. They put out a 35" scale 5 string bass with 24 frets, neck thru, EMG (though midline, easy to replace) active pickups, and a feel that's amazing. They made sure that they play well out of the box (used to work at GC and saw every one that came in fresh... all very good). Then, they made it $600 or less (at the big stores)!

I have a modulus and a warwick. I spent an hour whacking one of those basses around and had to restrain myself from buying one on the spot (BTW, dealer cost is super low, so feel free to haggle). I had to think very hard to myself "No! You have 2 other great basses!" If I lost my basses to a horrible tragedy, I'd grab a Schecter Stilleto 5 like THAT! Those are sweet basses.