1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Schecter Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by justin6487, Dec 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. justin6487

justin6487

Oct 23, 2017
    Hello all, I have a Schecter Stealth Stiletto (4) and I love the damn thing, such great range of tone. Just wanted to know what everyone else thinks of them, and what you are playing on it?

thanks

Ellery likes this.
  2. ric4682

ric4682

Jul 2, 2008
    I normally don’t try them when hit music stores as they always seem a bit too “metal” for me, but I played a Riot Session 5 a few days ago that I really liked a lot. Played absolutely great and sounded absolutely great. Great price too.

justin6487 and Mike.C. like this.
  3. FingerDub

FingerDub Banned

Jan 8, 2016
    I've had 2 and found them to be very high quality.

4. el_Bajo_Verde

el_Bajo_Verde

May 18, 2016
    USA
    I love em! The Riot 5 Session is my fave. I had an Omen-4 that I loved and I only sold it because I prefer 5 strings

5. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan USA
    I have a cheap Schecter Deluxe Stiletto V - for the price, it's a pretty good bass. I did try the Schecter Stiletto Stealth at my local GC a while back even though I wasn't in the market for another bass. I really liked the pickup configuration as it's unusual with the MM type bridge pickup and the P Bass neck pickup- I love p/j basses so the sound with the beefier bridge pickup was nice. Now the only thing I wish it had, and this is really a minor criticism, were more color options - I realize it's called stealth so ie. black is the color theme, but most of my basses are already black in color.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    justin6487 likes this.
  6. el_Bajo_Verde

el_Bajo_Verde

May 18, 2016
    USA
    stiletto-vintage-5-3tsb-tilt.

Spidey2112 and Maxdusty like this.
  7. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan USA
    If that only came with the P Bass pickup instead of the single coil. :) I still like it though, that's the Vintage isn't it?

8. el_Bajo_Verde

el_Bajo_Verde

May 18, 2016
    USA
    Yes it is the vintage. I might pick one up but I will have to try it out first.

I failed to notice that the neck pickup was different between the two!

Maxdusty likes this.
  9. Never owned one but I really like the Diamond P Plus. Brilliant design with the MM and P pickups.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    FingerDub and comatosedragon like this.
  10. spvmhc

spvmhc

Apr 14, 2011
    I've owned the Stiletto Studio 4. It's a comfortable, beautiful bass. Schecter's quality is belied by its penchant for images of bats, iron crosses, dancing women, etc.

Mike.C. and Maxdusty like this.
  11. bullitproof

bullitproof Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Boston
    I’ve had the Scorpion bass, a Stilleto, a Diamond P and currently have a Model-T, fantastic basses!

Duckophile likes this.
  12. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    I like dancing women...

13. Wfrance3

Wfrance3 Supporting Member

May 29, 2014
    Tulsa, OK
    Currently own an elite 5. Amazing bass. I switched out the pickups for Delano soapbars and converted it to passive.

14. jjmuckluckjr

jjmuckluckjr

Mar 24, 2015
    They're pretty good. The cat loves them.
    KINDLE_CAMERA_1428016408000.

15. I have a Schecter Raiden Special-IV and it’s a great bass. It’s well built and sounds amazing. Schecter has a reputation of being a metal guitar manufacturer and they do encourage it with names such as Omen and Damien but their instruments can pretty much play any style.

I like my Raiden and even though it’s not my go to bass, it is a valuable member of my bass family. I don’t play metal and as such I have a wide range of reactions when I bring it out. The reactions have ran the gamut from laughter to people telling me how beautiful it is and how good it sounds.

16. Hand slap

Hand slap

Feb 14, 2016
    I had 5 stringer for a while, it was a very quality instrument for the price point, I liked it.

ppiluk likes this.
  17. saltydude

saltydude

Aug 15, 2011
    boston CANADA
    I have two. Don’t use them much. Back up mostly. Best bang for the buck. Electronics leave a little to be desired but good instruments overall.

18. Bass V

Bass V

Dec 11, 2008
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    their various recent upgrades on the old P and Js look to be incredible, and depending what street and used prices settle on in this next year these may be the next big thing. the Diamond and 2400 series, their P Plus / J Plus, CV4 / 5, Model T, all look like they need to be snatched up asap.

19. Josh Gone

Josh Gone

May 28, 2015
    NWPA
    This thread has me perusing their website. I see several models that look pretty interesting, and not overly metal.
    I'm interested.

el_Bajo_Verde likes this.
  20. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan USA
    Yes, given their history of revising their models, if you see one you like, it's often best to snatch it up as next year's model may be radically different. Case in point is the CV model - the one I wanted a couple of years back had gone through two different revisions in the same amount of years and looks completely different.
    Now that's not necessarily a bad thing in terms of buying them as "old" models are heavily discounted as "Clearance" on the Schecter website every year, and the choices of used Schecters in the market is pretty wide and varied.

They're great for other kinds of music for sure, I use mine for funk and rock, these basses are so under appreciated, I was very surprised at how well it sounded and played when I tried one for the first time especially given the prices these sell for .

Bass V likes this.