Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Schecter basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Deynn, Mar 17, 2001.

1. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    Doe anyone else play a Schecter bass? I just cannot believe that I am the ONLY here at TB that plays one. Surely...there must be SOMEONE else that does...
    You know...I am really starting to wonder if I belong here at all.....;)

2. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    Schecter is cool. I was going to get one, but I was talked out of it.

Their custom shop can make you a one off bass for a heckuva lot cheaper than Fender's.

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I've played the U.S. made Schecter Fender copies and they're some of the best Fender-style instruments I've ever played.

Will C.:cool:

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    i've played a few. Really cool instruments. Well worth the money; but not any more. They are worth what you pay for. That's not a bad thing. I think they're great. AB's are pretty good, and SBs are good (a little unbalanced though) and I have yet to try the silletos....over all, I'd say their a very decent midrange bass.

5. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    Doh! I really get annoyed when people refer to the Diamond Series instruments as Schecters. The Diamond Series instruments are made abroad and are low cost, while true Schecters are all made in California to a level of quality that surpasses Fender, with prices appropriately higher as well.

AB-1, Stilletto's, DeLeo's; all these basses are Diamond Series, not true Schecters. Schecter deserves more respect.

6. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    The Diamond series from Schecter ARE made abroad, but are set up in Schecter's custom shop..
    and indeed ARE Schecters.
    I appreciate the input so far, but I already know all about the Schecter company and their basses. I am looking for anyone else who HAS and plays one.
    So far...it still appears that I am the only one here at TB.

7. Bassr64

Bassr64

Feb 9, 2001
    N.E.Tx
    I have a Model-T and a Diamond series Deleo-5. BOTH are excellent instruments. Love the necks, and they growl so well ran through a vintage Ampeg.
    I luv 'um.

8. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    Alright! I am not alone...:)

I have two AB basses....a neckthru AND a bolt on model. Both are excellent give me everything I need in a 4 string bass. I don't know if I am going to keep them both...I may defret the bolt-on neck model.
    I have thought about getting the Deleo-5. I guess it goes on my "want list"....:)

9. odie

odie Supporting Member

I dont own a bass but I do own a Shecter C-1 gu*tar, string thru body blah,blah,blah. Same model the guy from PapaRoach plays, until he got his own model.

10. Bassr64

Bassr64

Feb 9, 2001
    N.E.Tx
    Hey Deynn,
    Glad to know there's someone else who treads the path less traveled. I think they're just not media hyped and pushed like the 'popular' basses.
    Great insturments

11. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    Thanks....I am definitely on that "path less traveled"...:) But it's the only one that works for me. And it IS nice to meet a fellow traveler, once in a while...:)