Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Schecter Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ablinow, Jul 1, 2002.

1. ablinow

ablinow

Apr 15, 2000
    Norton, MA
    Has anyone seen the new Schecter basses, I know they're not the best, but for the price the sound really good.

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    All I know is that this is one fine looking bass.

[​IMG]

3. Schecter's USA series basses are as good as anything else out there. Are you talking about the cheaper Diamond Series?

4. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I love both the AB's and the Hellcats. I would like to try either or one day.

5. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i've played a few, and honestly, i really like the sound of them...i think they got this bass right...it sounds great, solidly built, doesn't break the bank...nice bass all in all:

[​IMG]

and i really like this one...thinking about maybe getting one just for sh!@s and grins. it also sounds great, and the headstock looks really cool, too :D :

[​IMG]

6. I would agree about the looks. I have a serious case of GAS for the 004 model in black cherry. As for quality, well, I had monstertone pickups in a customized P-bass in the 80's & loved it.

7. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Hey is it just me, or does the headstock of this bass look like a regular Schecter guitar Headstock with different tuners? :confused:

8. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I have a Made in Korea (MIK?) Stiletto Studio 4 that I'm totally in love with. This thing has a sweet neck-thru design, mahogony body with bubinga top, dual EMG soapbar pups and 18volt 3 band EQ.

I literally rush home at night so I can play this thing. I'm totally new to bass (playing for almost 3 months) and this thing replaced a Squier P-bass, so the step up in build quality, pups, electronics, etc. may seem even better than people who own / play other basses, but I totally dig mine.

It can't hurt to try them out at the music store, right? ;)

9. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    What about the Model T?

Does anyone have one, or has anyone played one.

I cant find one around.

If you have, what kind of pickups did it have.

The website says EMG (Not EMG-HZ), but Ive seen them on Ebay with Duncan design.

I love the look, but I cant find one locally.

Peace
    Nick

10. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    PLEASE don't tell me that it's "666" I read at the 12th fret!

11. i played this one a while back...very enjoyable :)

[​IMG]

12. WillPlay4Food

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ

The local GC has it "on sale" for $666 :eek:

13. Ian Hall

Ian Hall

May 31, 2002
    Rialto,CA
    I've got an elite 5, with the flame top, EMG's, and it's neck thru-good sustain, fat tone. Try and beat that in this style of bass for $589 at GC. If you do go to guitar center, make them pull out all of the basses so you can pick the best maple top. I got a really great top on mine because I did that; some of them are really lame. I'm very happy overall. The build quality is excellent for the price, but you can still tell it isn't high end- a couple paint brush hairs stuck in the laquer, that kind of thing. I'd have to recommend.

14. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    ARGH! Of all the stupid things, this is the worst I've seen since I last saw a Wishnevsky.

15. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    that's actually a sig bass...it's a blasko bass...the bassist for rob zombie. a real step down from the other stilettos. why would this guy want a basswood body? and the 66 inlay sheesh oh well...i guess he thinks he looks cool :rolleyes:

16. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Thats nearly as bad as some of the 9/11 "theorys" :mad:

And yes oysterman, the is a 666 on the 12th fret :D

17. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    Anyone tried the Deleo signature bass?
    Reviews?

18. wow, I really like the figuring in that wood. What is it , do you know? And is that red the natural color, or is that a transparent finish?

I saw one of the Blasko sig basses on ebay. some kids mom was making him sell it because if the 666 inlay.

19. WillPlay4Food

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    My bass is like this, except it's a 4-string. The finish is what they call "honey satin" and the top is bubinga. Detailed specs can be found at www.schecterguitars.com

20. uglybassplayer

uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    That's a bubinga top, which usually tends to have a redish/brown tint. It would be interesting to know if "all" of these basses have that kind of figuring. The Peavey Cirrus also has a bubinga model, and I've seen them vary from highly figured tops that have that reddish hue all the way to dirt brown practically no figuring

- Frank.