schecter basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Emerald_gasH, Nov 10, 2000.

1. Emerald_gasH

Sep 17, 2000
    i just recently played a schecter bass and really liked it. i think it was an avenger, it was about $500 canadian. i was just wondering if anybody had any info on schecter or knew the company website. thanx.
  2. their url is

bass player magazine just did a review of the robert deleo model in their new issue with adam clayton from U2 on the cover
  3. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    I have a Schecter AB-1 plus,and am totally happy with it. I have a picture of it in the picture thread., if you want to check it out.
    I don't think you will find a better bass at even twice the money. Everything about, from the construction, to the excellent.
    Feel free to eamil me if you would like details about MY bass. Here is Schecter's website...
  4. Robert B

Robert B Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Hampton, Va USA
    I played a Schecter recently, believe it was called a Model T? Looked something like a Fender Tele bass. Actually I was pleasantly surprised. Very sold feel, thundering but clear low end. Nice! Only 2 criticisms: suffered from the old 60 hertz hum (but no worse than a Jazz bass) and I don't like the blocky body style. Nonetheless, I think at $500, it's a lot of bass for the money.