1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Schecter c-4 yes or no

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by loogy1, Mar 8, 2013.

1. loogy1

loogy1

Feb 23, 2013
    richmond, va
    theres an add on craigslist for a schecter c4 for 200 bucks at a local shop add just came on today

gonna go up there 1st thing tomorro and try to trade it for my epiphone eb3 (its in like new condition barely played it and dont like the tone soo much) :bassist:

soo anyone got any advice or expiereance with the c-4

does it sound like a fair trade (i think so considering they usually sell used for 200) but i figured they wana make money off of it so ive considered trying to trade in and pay a little extra 50 at the most

my friend just a schecter 5 string hellraiser or damien cant remember which but i loved it . he dosent he's plannin on taking it back and getting the stilleto and that's how i came across the add for the c4

i currently have a hofner b-bass hi series that ive fallen in love with. super thin neck, awesome (twangy tone unplugged).
    a cort curbow 4string i'm very fond of that i plan on refinishing .
    a squire pj special (dont care what anyone says that is a solid bass.)started playing on that one when i was younger (it's techniquely my dads but ive had it for years)

and the eb3. i love the look and feel.seems well constructed but i just dont feel the tone

i think the stilleto would take its place well please let me kno what yall think

2. drummer5359

drummer5359 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Pittsburgh PA USA
    I have a Schecter C-4 XXX from 2005. It's totally unlike any of my other basses, but it plays great and gives me that totally different sound when I need it.

Go try it out for yourself and see what you think.

3. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Funny...I had the same model for a year! VERY nice bass, lovely fit and finish. Play it and see what you think - I was impressed by Schecter.

4. loogy1

loogy1

Feb 23, 2013
    richmond, va
    thanx guys i cant wait till 11 morro mornin

not gonna b able to sleep:hyper:

5. mogpipe

mogpipe

Apr 22, 2011
    I have a C4. Antique Amber, beautiful bass. Plays good too. I put some Chromes on mine, love it.

*Still had DR Neons on it in the pic.

th_rsz_614.

6. loogy1

loogy1

Feb 23, 2013
    richmond, va
    awesome

i really like the fact that it has individual saddles

7. drummer5359

drummer5359 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Pittsburgh PA USA
    Oh yeah, I can throw a pic up too.

C4XXX.

and

8. loogy1

loogy1

Feb 23, 2013
    richmond, va
    sexxxy bass man

9. What's the story on those inlays?

10. loogy1

loogy1

Feb 23, 2013
    richmond, va
    well he didnt go for the sg trade which is no suprise but i put 50 down and i'll give him the rest this thurs when i got to pick it up

i played it for about 5 mins it was awesome. super thin neck. soo low action with no buzz and nice tone. even if their just the emghz they beat the hell outta my mighty mite pickup ha. gotta love the soap bars tho

i'll post pic after i pick it up. verysimilar to the red one mogpipe posted.CANT WAIT TO BRING IT HOME:hyper::bassist:

11. loogy1

loogy1

Feb 23, 2013
    richmond, va
    waiting for the old lady to get here so i can go grab that thang. FINALLY!!!!!!!!! Haven't lost this much sleep since I was a kid waiting for xmas.

12. loogy1

loogy1

Feb 23, 2013
    richmond, va
    finally got it sorry for the late post (and bad pic) but i had ta break her in

here she is

Attached Files:

13. loogy1

loogy1

Feb 23, 2013
    richmond, va
    for $200 i think it's a hell of a deal

can anyone help identify the serial number like what year n all that i think its a 2008 but i dont know it the serial number look up for diamond series guitars also applies for the bass