Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Schecter California Custom($300) & Washburn XB800($250)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by phogchris, Sep 15, 2005.

1. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    I have these 2 basses for sale. I have a new company I am working with and need the money to get a few basses from them.

Schecter California Custom 4 with gigbag $300 including shipping !!!!SOLD!!!!-35" scale length, sunburst quilted top, EMG jazz pickups and BTS EQ/preamp with switchable treble frequency. This bass is a dream to play, but the body is a bit bulky for me and its a bit too heavy as I jump around on stage alot. I love the sound, but am more of a humbucker guy. There are no issues with the bass and I can't find any dings or blemishes on it. These list for about $900 and $300 with shipping included to the lower 48 is a steal!!!

Washburn XB800 $250 w/ hardshell case and shipping
    -This is a bass that I have never even heard of before, its interesting. As far as I know, it was a Europen only bass. It has a Sycamore flame maple top, Status pickups and an active preamp, which may also be Status. It is not in great shape, there are a few dings here and there, nothing major...none go all the way through to the wood. There is also a grounding problem I haven;t had a chance to fix, it buzzes a bit, but it should be easy to fix. This bass had an original list price of $912.99(?!?) This bass sounds great, punchy and strong output due to the Status pickups and active preamp. This also includes a beat up hardshell case that came with it. It looks and functions fine, it was just cheap to begin with. Please emai me at bassface73@yahoo.com with any questions...

2. phogchris

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    Pic of the Schecter...

Attached Files:

3. phogchris

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    The Washburn looks like this one, but the flame is nicer and mine is greener...

Attached Files:

4. phogchris

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    Schecter is sold!!

5. Radiobass

Radiobass

Jan 10, 2005
    Would you mind shipping to Puerto Rico?

Obviously, I'd be paying, I'm just asking as many people don't like to ship overseas :(.

6. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    phog, if I had some GAS money right now, I'd jump on that Washburn. And, a bit of history: my understanding is that the 8- series were the top of the line imports. From what I've been able to glean, Washburn had a long relationship with Status, which resulted in the XS-8, MB-8, XB-800, and the headless one that I forget the name of that looks like a Status but is made of wood (and also has Status pickups and/or electronics). There may have been others that I am forgetting right now, but I've always wanted to try one.

7. phogchris

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    Yes, sounds right to me...this bass needs to go, $200 shipped with G&L gigbag instead of case.

8. phogchris

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    bump, make me an offer...

9. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    NJ
    From what Flatwound is saying it sure sounds like one of those great "hidden secret" basses, and a killer deal.

Unfortunately it's too green and not pointy enough for me. [​IMG]

10. Radiobass

Radiobass

Jan 10, 2005
    I really want it, but am not sure if I could actually buy it now...

Just to know, seeing as you'd be shipping to Puerto Rico if I bought it, how much would the total cost be?

If you need to know an area code to get the price, then: 00646

11. phogchris

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    Offers?

12. shaboda

shaboda

Apr 14, 2002
    Ever sell the Schwetcer California?

13. IotaNet

IotaNet Supporting Member

Shaboda -

If you're seriously looking for one of these, the Music-Go-Round near me (which is actually a great store - good guys who know their instruments) has one for sale.

If you're interested, I can send your their telephone number and possibly a link.

14. snailplow

snailplow Leon Phelps Wanna Be

Chris,you could have just given both of those basses to me,if you had landed the Disturbed gig.:D

What's up dude?