SOLD Schecter California Custom USA jazz bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by wyleeboxer, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    D8D61941-59CC-4403-922A-661C2898B80F.jpeg Picked this up on a great deal and I’m trying real hard not to take it off the classifieds ;) It’s in incredible shape, I’d call it mint if it wasn’t for the nick at the bottom of the headstock, other then that it’s in perfect shape and a fantastic player. I’ve got another one like it and I’m always amazed at the build quality of these custom shop basses. The tone is a big heavy jazz with some snap, even with the old Pressurewounds on it.

All original, maybe mid 90’s, beautiful birds eye maple neck that’s super straight with very low action, rosewood board, frets looks great, Olympic white that has a vintage tint, monster tone pickups with coil tap push/pull pot, Weight is right at 9.8lbs.

Has original case in great shape.
    $950 shipped conus

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  2. The in house Schecter tuners are about the heaviest tuners out there. Light weight Gotoh Res-o-lite or ultralites would shave off over half a pound.

3. Bassistik

Bassistik

May 15, 2013
    "Heavy is good. Heavy is reliable." These Schecters are really cool! GLWTS

Famous Shamus and wyleeboxer like this.
  4. Yes it is! For me I often play 4 hrs with just a couple brakes, so my back is feeling anything over 10lbs, but I do enjoy the tone!

5. woodyng2

woodyng2 Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Oregon Coast
    Does this have a 1.5” nut?

6. Pretty sure 1.5 but I’ll double check when I get home. Neck is slim and I believe radius around 10, but very much a jazz neck not P by any means

woodyng2 likes this.
  7. woodyng2

woodyng2 Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Oregon Coast
    Well,you’ve answered my question...I prefer wider nut spacing,i already have a j bass that gets very little play. Good luck with your sale,that bass is a beauty.

wyleeboxer likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 3, 2021