1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Schecter California Custom

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassMaster4s, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BassMaster4s

BassMaster4s

Jul 28, 2008
    Wind Gap, PA
    Sounds like a sale in the making to me.

-Mark

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    [​IMG]

3. KeithPas

KeithPas Supporting Member

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    I love the California Custom, are you interested in any trades? I see them sell used for $400.00-$500.00.

4. BassMaster4s

BassMaster4s

Jul 28, 2008
    Wind Gap, PA
    I unless you have an amercan Fender Jazz to trade for it. I was hoping to sell this toward the purchase of one.

5. KeithPas

KeithPas Supporting Member

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    I do not have a USA jazz. I would suggest posting a picture and some specs of your bass, alot of people don't know how attractive the California Custom is.

6. BassMaster4s

BassMaster4s

Jul 28, 2008
    Wind Gap, PA
  7. Bobster

Bobster

Mar 27, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Sorry to jump into the middle of the thread, but in looking at your pics, I realized that except for the headstock design and binding, your California Custom is identical to my 2003 ESP LTD Deluxe J-1005.

Both use EMG 40P - 40J and BTS setups. Same 35" scale, Hipshot bridge, routing, and non-standard corner on the neckplate/bass.

Have you considered wiring the BTS for 18v? You can find the instructions in the BTS manual on the EMG site. Makes a big difference in tonal body and headroom.

Anyway, sorry to butt in, but I was really surprised! They must have been made on the same Korean assembly line (Cort?).

Bob

8. As Bobster obliquely pointed out, the Schecter Diamond series basses are made in Korea, while the California Custom basses are made in, well, California.

Good luck with the sale, but be careful with the description.

9. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Stinks of a stealth for sale attempt to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.