1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

schecter custom 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chriscisme, Apr 14, 2006.

1. chriscisme

chriscisme

Dec 20, 2005
    does anyone have/played one, did you like it, how was the neck, howd it sound.....i really want someones opinion on this cause i either want this or a cort, but i like this one better

2. I did my homework before I bought one. I own the Schecter Stilletto Custom 4. I can tell you that Schecter makes a great solid bass. They set the bass up at the factory. I got rid of the elixer strings after about 6 months and put on DR stainless Lo- Riders. The neck is easy to play, No fret buzz, the grover tuners are smooth and hold the tuning very well, the wiring is immaculate, the volume, EQ pots and knobs are stable, no scratching noises, solid and quiet. The bridge is well built and the bass has great tone. You can play anything through this bass. I have no regrets and would buy another Schecter. I would expect a Bass of this quality to be more expensive. I am not associated with Schecter.

Buying a bass is a personal choice, There are so many good companies. Play as many as you can and decide. I heard good things from cort also, but havent played one.

3. The Scheter names confuse me. Are you talking about the Custom 4 string which is a jazz bass copy? Or is there another "custom 4"?

I have the jazz bass copy..

4. This is the bass

http://www.schecterguitars.com/spec.asp?id=100