1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
     
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

schecter cv-4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chillinkittie, Aug 20, 2007.


  1. hello everyone!

    I am new here and i wanted to get some advice on a purchase... i'm looking at a schecter cv-4 at the moment and from what i've read its a great bass. But most of the reviews are from people who do a lot of slap bass and funk. I, however, play in a rock/punk band and I'm wondering if this bass will work out in that genre.... any help?

    -Ellie
     

  2. btw, here is a little picture and description to go with this:

    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-CV4-Bass?sku=516758
     
  3. bump!
     
  4. CapeBass

    CapeBass Guest

    I have a C4, it has EMG's as opposed to the Duncan designed. Other than that it looks like the same bass besides the Music Man style cover. It stays in tune, sounds good, It's a bright sounding bass. For slap it isn't my favorite, I prefer flat top basses rather than a curved top for that. You can get a good slap tone out of it though.

    Overall, Schecters are a good bass for the money, they're solidly built and use good components. A buddy has a Stiletto 5 string and he loves it.
     
  5. CapeBass

    CapeBass Guest

    Here's my C4 so you can see the differences, it's a fast bass!

    [​IMG][/IMG]
     
  6. meegosh

    meegosh

    May 28, 2006
    NY
    i would test it out first because even though it's a schecter, it could still have some buzzing sound to them. i have a stiletto custom 5, it's pretty neat nothing was wrong with it. but 4 days after, i went to a local gear store and tested out an identical bass that i own and it sounded terrible. it was buzzing, and the tone was really bad, but they were still selling it for $600. i also tried the CV-4 and it buzzed lots , but i guess it was the store's lack of care which leads to the poor quality of their equipments.

    testing them first would be best, but i would say 90% of the schecters are awesome, and the remaining 10% is what people sell on ebay for $200
     
  7. CapeBass

    CapeBass Guest

    Mine is very quiet.
     
  8. thanks everyone for the advice!
    I have heard a lot about the low action and fret buzzing on Schecters[I have a Schecter Omen 6] and I had adjust the truss on it. unfotunatly the only store that has a CV-4 in stock is about an hour and a half away from me, but I'm gonna make the trip anyway.

    oh and CapeBass- That C4 is beautiful. Maybe thats what I should be talking a look at.

    I'll let you guys know how it all turns out.
     

Share This Page