1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Schecter Diamond P & Diamond J at Amazon

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by kjpollo, Nov 26, 2010.

1. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    Guys,

Several colors of the Schecter Diamond P & Diamond J models are on a pretty deep discount on Amazon right now. You can get the Black or Metallic Blue P's and the Diamond J in white for $308.47 each with free shipping!

Also the 3TS J is $387.24.

The Black J and White P are regular price- $499

2. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    Just as an update, I took the Amazon price and went to Music123 for their price.
    They quoted me $274.15 with free shipping on the metallic Blue B bass/

3. impactwrench

impactwrench

Feb 22, 2009
    Both the P and J look cool. I cant find many specs like nut width and if they J has humbuckers or single coils. I think its buckers because the tone knob has a push pull coil tap. I emailed Music123 to see if they can do a 123% price match, which would make these about $238.

4. invalidprotocol

invalidprotocol Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2008
    DFW
    I think the tap on the J changes wiring between series and parallel while the tap on the P changes the bridge from humbucking to single coil.

The quality of those basses are outstanding even at their regular price let alone that insane M123 match price. My Diamond P is every bit as good as my Fender American Std Jazz in build and finish quality.

5. impactwrench

impactwrench

Feb 22, 2009
    I am a P/J guy all the way, and I've yet to read a bad thing about these basses. I wish Music123 would give me a price match quote already. Tired of waiting.

What does the 123% guarantee mean? Do they beat the lowest price by 23%? I emailed about a different item and they replied by beating the price by $.50.

6. invalidprotocol

invalidprotocol Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2008
    DFW
    I'd keep sending requests until I got a response and the price I wanted. If the price isn't what other TBers got maybe see if one would be willing to forward you a copy of the quote so you can leverage that instead.

7. Need2KnowBasses

Need2KnowBasses

Aug 30, 2010
    They beat the price by 23% of the difference.
    Amazon price $300
    Music123 price $400
    Price difference equals $100
    Price match price would be $277

8. impactwrench

impactwrench

Feb 22, 2009

OK that makes sense. I got a quote of $265 or so. Your explanation makes sense with the quote I got. So why did kjpollo get quoted about $9 more?

9. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Outcomes are totally unpredictable with this.

Totally.

10. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    I've come to the conclusion that the process is simply too complicated for them to reliably calculate in real time.

Finally got them to match the Korg Pitchblack, but when I got off the phone, I see that they totally effed up the discount they intended to give me.

:rollno:

11. BrBss

BrBss

Jul 9, 2010
    Albuquerque NM
  12. Need2KnowBasses

Need2KnowBasses

Aug 30, 2010
  13. kenstee

kenstee

Oct 9, 2009
    Would more seriously consider it if it DIDN'T have the EMG Pups.

14. Need2KnowBasses

Need2KnowBasses

Aug 30, 2010
    The EMGHz's concern me a bit but I'm hoping they will be acceptable. I just bought the Schecter 8 and a Warwick Rockbass Corvette Active 4 in nirvana black for a total of $712.

15. +1. I just can't find a taste for EMG's anymore. What can I say, Joe Zon ruined me with Bartolini's!!! >=]]

Yet I find myself drooling over the DV-4 on Amazon for dirt effin' cheap!

16. impactwrench

impactwrench

Feb 22, 2009
    Is the DV-4 schecter SG/Ripper looking sunburst on Amazon?At least with the DV-4 you can easily swap in an MM sized pickup. Is that the case with the schecter 8? I dont recognize that size pickup. Then again, the Humbucker in the Diamond P custom looks proprietary too, so it better rule :)

17. BrBss

BrBss

Jul 9, 2010
    Albuquerque NM
    The schecter 8-string has EMG HZ humbuckers; the same size as active EMG 'buckers, and a pretty easy size to find replacements for.

18. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    No.

19. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    $350's not that hot of a price. They were that for ages on MF and they also had the nicer 2-pickup custom for that. I passed on $350 -20% on these because I didn't want another EMG HZ bass and Schecters are a hard sell locally if I wanted to get out from under it.

The custom was sort of a joke as it had a regular HZ neck and the MM HZ bridge -- and these are internally identical pickups in different shells. :rolleyes:

20. BrBss

BrBss

Jul 9, 2010
    Albuquerque NM
    Unless you don't mind Basslines, Bartolini, SGD...