Schecter Diamond Series Model-T Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by karter2000, Feb 10, 2009.

1. karter2000

karter2000

Aug 21, 2005
    Nowhere land
    Hi all,

I found one of these in a local music store:

http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM04/Content/Schecter/PR/Model-T-2004-lg.jpg

It's was the sunburst one, and looked to be one of the newer, updated ones with the Seymour Duncan Basslines. I quite liked it, and it looked to be solid and well-made. I felt the tone was quite aggressive, similar to my Geddy.

Any opinions on this bass?

Thanks,

Lyle

2. Depending on the price,I would go for it. The BassLines pickups give a good growly P/J feel.

3. phunku

phunku

Jan 9, 2008
    London, England
    want one, the guy from Stone Temple Pilots has a signature one right??

id hit that bass seriosuly, grab it bro grab it!

4. Busker

Busker

Jan 22, 2007
    I had an older one, before the Basslines. Mine had a white pickgaurd and Duncan Designed pups. It was a nice bass. Got it used for around $185.00

I modified mine. Changed the 500K pots to 250K

Fenwick likes this.
  5. I had a black one with the Basslines pickups. My complaints were:

1. I don't like glossy necks.
    2. There was some buzzing (not typical 60-cycle hum), which might have been a grounding issue.

When I bought my Yammy I really didn't need the Model T anymore, but the Model T did sound pretty good, and it had solid hardware.

6. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    I had the yellow/butterscotch model with rosewood fretboard. That bass was amazing! I wasn't huge on the glossy finished neck and if you ran just the J pickup it would buzz a bit, but other than that it was great. A great bass for little cash (when bought used).

7. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    I really like the look of these, and I've read really great things about them, but I just can't get over my dislike for the headstock...

8. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    I purchased one of these used online because I'm an avid Schecter fan. The truss rod had bottomed out and the neck still had to much relief in it for my tastes. The washer trick helped a mm or two, but still not enough.

The store took the bass back... and in reality they should have payed me for improving the bass they sent me as I had shielded it and did a fret leveling on it. It was back up for sale on ebay the day after they got it back. Sold two days later.

The bass was nice though. Just be 'aware' of a possible truss rod issue.

9. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

10. karter2000

karter2000

Aug 21, 2005
    Nowhere land
    Thanks for the responses everyone!

What would be a fair used price for that bass?

Thanks,

Lyle

11. karter2000

karter2000

Aug 21, 2005
    Nowhere land
    Just bumping this, in case anyone has more info and/or used price.

12. dfshaw

dfshaw

Nov 25, 2008
    I bought what I believe to be a 2002 Model T (sn0204810) for $245 on Ebay and just received it. It needed an afternoon of setup work, but I got the action lower than I can my P-bass. It's had some pickup mods I'm still trying to figure out, it's no longer active, nondescript passive pickups in place. It's got great tone, though, and a very nice J-bass sound in the higher registers. I'm going to do some work with the electronics, but all in all I'm very happy...very solid bass.

Dean

(Anybody have wiring diagrams for this !)

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021