1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

schecter diamond series

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kono, Oct 15, 2003.

1. kono

kono

Mar 10, 2003
    Kent Ohio
    I can spend up to $350 on a bass and need a reliable 4 string that sounds good with matal/hard rock. Would the Schecter stiletto deluxe be a good choice? Is there any other basses around that price range that are better? I have a fretless Fender Jazz 4-string but would like a fretted 4 string.

2. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    LOVE my stiletto custom-4, but i just got it, so can't speak to reliability just yet =0)

ps: hi, i'm a newbie here.

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    the schecters would be good for you. They have a moder, agressive sound that would work well for your music.

4. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    Hey Dave. Welcome and all that.

Where ya at in northern Va? I just moved away from there; got a band? i knew a few up around those parts....

ever check out the local musicians thing there, www.sevenzerothree.com ?

I'm afraid i have nothing relevant to the topic to contribute.

5. odie

odie Supporting Member

Not sure why people like the sound of these things. I have played 3 and disliked the tone of all of them. Seemed like they all had a thin week midrange sound to them.

6. jammadave

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    hey Pigpen:

I'm actually in lovely *ahem* Springfield. Dont have a band at the moment but used to be in a couple. I was most notably the guitarist/synth/drum programmer for a trio called Bacchus back in like 95-97, we were sort of ethereal darkwave goth-rock. Played at places like the Black Cat and Phantasmagoria.

Haven't heard of seven zero three but will definitely check it out!

And once i'm settled back into bass, I may indeed be looking for a local band. I dont wanna be a rock star, i just wanna play some shows around. =0)

7. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    Dave,

pop-punk seems to be the dominate trend up there (everywhere?) but there's a few happening acts around. check out jaxx on one of their 703 nights, there's alot of friendly people there, and bass players are in short supply.

p

8. jammadave

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    oh, thanks for warning me about the pop-punk.

I mean, for example, I've dug AFI for a couple years now, they're kinda punk (moreso than most these days), I am depressed to hear them on DC101 now ("we have all of 10 CD singles and will play them all day for you!") - And if i have to hear any more Suck 182 I'm going to shoot people.

That's a sad state of affairs. But it's just MHO, and we're way OT, so now back to our regularly scheduled thread (email me at allyourbase@runbox.com if you want though...)

I hope Jaxx has worthwhile offerings on 703 night, fingers are crossed.

9. kono

kono

Mar 10, 2003
    Kent Ohio
    Thanks, I think I'm going to buy it, unless I find a used bass for that price that is alot better.

10. I've been playing a Schecter SB1 Diamond series for about 3 years now I get good sound out of it and find the action very good for my style (rock)of playing. I think they're good basses for the money. I may get another for a back up.