Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

schecter diamond series

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kono, Oct 15, 2003.

1. kono

kono

Mar 10, 2003
    Kent Ohio
    I can spend up to $350 on a bass and need a reliable 4 string that sounds good with matal/hard rock. Would the Schecter stiletto deluxe be a good choice? Is there any other basses around that price range that are better? I have a fretless Fender Jazz 4-string but would like a fretted 4 string.

2. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    LOVE my stiletto custom-4, but i just got it, so can't speak to reliability just yet =0)

ps: hi, i'm a newbie here.

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    the schecters would be good for you. They have a moder, agressive sound that would work well for your music.

4. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    Hey Dave. Welcome and all that.

Where ya at in northern Va? I just moved away from there; got a band? i knew a few up around those parts....

ever check out the local musicians thing there, www.sevenzerothree.com ?

I'm afraid i have nothing relevant to the topic to contribute.

5. odie

odie Supporting Member

Not sure why people like the sound of these things. I have played 3 and disliked the tone of all of them. Seemed like they all had a thin week midrange sound to them.

6. jammadave

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    hey Pigpen:

I'm actually in lovely *ahem* Springfield. Dont have a band at the moment but used to be in a couple. I was most notably the guitarist/synth/drum programmer for a trio called Bacchus back in like 95-97, we were sort of ethereal darkwave goth-rock. Played at places like the Black Cat and Phantasmagoria.

Haven't heard of seven zero three but will definitely check it out!

And once i'm settled back into bass, I may indeed be looking for a local band. I dont wanna be a rock star, i just wanna play some shows around. =0)

7. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    Dave,

pop-punk seems to be the dominate trend up there (everywhere?) but there's a few happening acts around. check out jaxx on one of their 703 nights, there's alot of friendly people there, and bass players are in short supply.

p

8. jammadave

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    oh, thanks for warning me about the pop-punk.

I mean, for example, I've dug AFI for a couple years now, they're kinda punk (moreso than most these days), I am depressed to hear them on DC101 now ("we have all of 10 CD singles and will play them all day for you!") - And if i have to hear any more Suck 182 I'm going to shoot people.

That's a sad state of affairs. But it's just MHO, and we're way OT, so now back to our regularly scheduled thread (email me at allyourbase@runbox.com if you want though...)

I hope Jaxx has worthwhile offerings on 703 night, fingers are crossed.

9. kono

kono

Mar 10, 2003
    Kent Ohio
    Thanks, I think I'm going to buy it, unless I find a used bass for that price that is alot better.

10. I've been playing a Schecter SB1 Diamond series for about 3 years now I get good sound out of it and find the action very good for my style (rock)of playing. I think they're good basses for the money. I may get another for a back up.