Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Schecter DS C-4, anybody?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mgl68, Dec 18, 2003.

1. Hi, I did run a search first ... :)

Just wondering if anyone here has played a Schecter Diamond Series C-4? It's one of the basses featured in Bass Player this month.

I'm soon to be in the market for a new bass, and I really want to try one of these but can't seem to find one in my area. Others I wanna try are the Geddy Lee, Aerodyne and Music Man SUB. All in my price range.

Anyway, thanks much for any replies :)

2. Somebassguy

Somebassguy

Nov 5, 2003
    Everett Wa
    Schecter makes GREAT basses at very reasonable prices. I own a C-4 and have a Studio 4 on the way also. the C-4 is a very nice bass. EMG Hz pickups with active electronics. Very fast neck (probably one of the best necks I've ever played). The body is very elegant and feather light. It has a VERY modern sound to it, very akin to warwicks and spectors. Great bass for punk, rock and funk! All in all I swear by this brand! If you buy it you won't be sorry, I assure you.

Good luck :)

3. Thanks for the reply :)

It IS a very pretty bass. Now I just need to find one in the Tampa Bay area for a test spin.

4. and I absolutely love it. I was looking for a "strapped down low" rock bass with versatility, and the P/J combo definitely gives me that. I'm primarily a fingerstyle player, but this bass just cries out to be hammered with a pick. The sweet sound to me is the P up near full, with the J just slightly on. For the slower tunes, I roll the P off completely and boost the J for that mellow tone.