Schecter dUg Pinnick 12 string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Savage_Dreams, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Savage_Dreams

Savage_Dreams

Jan 8, 2007
  2. deff

deff Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2018
    Gloucester, MA
    It makes me wish that the artist flair was a little more subtle. That being said, I can't actually play the music I do one a 12string. It is too difficult for me, but I would love one, just because I love the way they sound.

3. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 God of Thunder and Rock and Roll Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Rochester NY USA
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
  4. lowendblues

lowendblues Supporting Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Ohio
    I like that. Wonder what the street price will be?

5. I’m pretty sure you can order them now and I believe that with a case they are about $1400.

6. Looks like the page is updated. $1249 with no case (I assume) is what they are listing.

7. Savage_Dreams

Savage_Dreams

Jan 8, 2007
    And it’s ordered!

8. bigtone23

bigtone23

Dec 10, 2014
    Denver, CO
    What? No left handed model? Blasphemy! :roflmao::roflmao::thumbsup:
    Cool bass!

BrentSimons likes this.
  9. deff

deff Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2018
    Gloucester, MA
    Heavy Blue, BrentSimons and bigtone23 like this.
  10. ElectricBass72

ElectricBass72

Aug 6, 2019
    Virginia
    I had a Dean Rhapsody 12 in the early 00's. I gigged with it and used it for drop D sets. It sounded awesome for what I was doing, but I never could get anywhere close to the Doug Pinnick or Jeff Ament sound. The 12-string sound on Out of the Silent Planet, King's X... and Jeremy, Pearl Jam.... are amazing.

Schecters are nice, but I'd have to pass on the $1,400 price tag. I don't think I'd play it enough to justify the cost.

eddybuzzard and BrentSimons like this.
  11. stingray69

stingray69 Talkbass Legit

Aug 11, 2004
    St Louis Area

Pairing a 12-string (especially that Schecter 12) with the Tech21 dUg pedal - I think you'd be more than close to the sound. :bassist:

dUg_pedal-1024x357.png

12. Savage_Dreams

Savage_Dreams

Jan 8, 2007
    not even 24 hours in... the wait is going to kill me! ;)

pacojas likes this.
  13. Savage_Dreams

Savage_Dreams

Jan 8, 2007
    some pics of the new Schecter DP-12. not my pics, but my bass! apparently my bass is already a diva and had to pose for a sweetwater photoshoot to get listed on their site ;)

14. And to think; for some of us, five is too many.

15. Savage_Dreams

Savage_Dreams

Jan 8, 2007
    different beast all together. I don’t like 5s either.

DiscoRiceJ likes this.
  16. Savage_Dreams

Savage_Dreams

Jan 8, 2007
    E3DB817E-8854-4091-8D5F-511CECFFBB68.jpeg And here we go!

17. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
  18. Savage_Dreams

Savage_Dreams

Jan 8, 2007
    alright, finally got time to play it a bit. just a few rough recordings straight into my computer.

DP-12 (EQ flat) and just the dUg pedal

DP-12 (EQ flat), dUg pedal, and some clean blended in from the Tech 21 SH1

of course there will be tone tweaking when i get in the band context. strings are rattling a bit because i tuned it down half a step like the rest of my basses but havent done any setup tweaks, but i may actually not do anything. the rattle doesnt really seem come through on the recordings too much.

nice low action. easy to play compared to my waterstone which has a slightly twisted neck that makes the action a bit on the high side. haven't weighed it, but obviously lighter than my waterstone, fairly sure its lighter than my hamer chaparral.

BritFunk, ElMon, B-Mac and 10 others like this.
  19. How would you compare the build quality to your other 12’s? Is the string spacing wider than the Hamer?

20. Savage_Dreams

Savage_Dreams

Jan 8, 2007
    oh definitely wider than the hamer. the hamer to me feels like all the strings just run together equally. this is spaced more in actual 4 groups of 3, like my waterstone. build feels solid as a rock so far.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 17, 2021