Schecter dUg Pinnick 12 string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Savage_Dreams, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Yeah the Hamer is spaced too tight for me.

2. Wow! That sounds awesome! :thumbsup:
    Congratulations!
    It brings back that feeling of standing in front of the man, and getting hit by that freight train of sound.
    The natural chorusing on top is just so darn cool.
    I could swear I hear violins at the end of the second clip.
    It's like hearing bone moving bass, along with a bunch of other instruments.
    Dude, I might not be too far behind you for a NBD ;)

3. I've been checking in at Sweetwater for a couple weeks now, and haven't been finding it.
    Did you go through your rep?

4. Savage_Dreams

Savage_Dreams

Jan 8, 2007
    electro harmonix mel9

eddybuzzard likes this.
  5. Savage_Dreams

Savage_Dreams

Jan 8, 2007
    yep. Contacted him the day I saw it on schecters site. I would think it should get listed soon, they used my bass for pics for the listing, but who knows.

eddybuzzard likes this.
  6. bigtone23

bigtone23

Dec 10, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Sounds great! I too have been pummeled by DP's bass a few times live. What a wide tone!

eddybuzzard likes this.
  7. Yeah, I've got a really cheap smartphone, with a cracked screen, but I'm not sure how it got cracked.
    It may have cracked around the moment I took this picture :D;

Doug's Twelver.jpeg

ENDEENDEA likes this.
  8. eyvindwa

eyvindwa

Aug 1, 2007
    Oslo, Norway
    This looks so awesome! No dealers shipping to Norway yet, though, it seems...

9. Berme

Berme

May 11, 2001
    Spain
    Awesome, but I'll wait for some reviews first. 12-string basses seem to be finicky.

Are the strings these Schecters come with Ernie Ball roundwounds or flats?

10. Berme

Berme

May 11, 2001
    Spain
    Anyone else with first hand experience on this bass? Could somebody compare it to the Dean Rhapsody?

11. ChromeTsunami

ChromeTsunami

Aug 7, 2018
    UK
    I've just taken the plunge and arrived yesterday... What can I say... erm... OMFG! :woot: Huge sound, and only tried it on my Fender Rumble 200 with cheap headphones so far. I'm looking forward to getting down into my basement rehearsal room on my TC Electronics rig ( BC550 + 2xRS115).

Just a question for those in the know. What tuning(s) does dUg Pinnick use? I'm not necessarily wanting to emulate his sound/music, because I play in a goth band, but just curious.

Cheers, S.

eddybuzzard and Berme like this.
  12. ElectricBass72

ElectricBass72

Aug 6, 2019
    Virginia
    I'm torn between the new Schecter Dug Pinnick 12-string and the new Spector NS Dimension 5 with fanned frets.

I had the Dean Rhapsody 12 years ago and enjoyed that bass. The Schecter DP-12 looks better on paper than the Rhapsody.... better specs.

Berme likes this.
  13. ChromeTsunami

ChromeTsunami

Aug 7, 2018
    UK
    I'm not a big fan of fanned frets (scuse the 'almost' pun), as couldnt get on with them when I tried. But one thing to perhaps consider with the dUg 12 is that on first impressions (as I've just put it on a strap for the first time), is it could have pretty serious neck dive. I'll report back when I've played it standing up for a bit. It IS a very heavy bass though. I'll weigh it when I get chance too.

14. ElectricBass72

ElectricBass72

Aug 6, 2019
    Virginia
    The Dean Rhapsody was heavy too. I bet it weighed close to 20 lbs. I never did weigh it.

15. Savage_Dreams

Savage_Dreams

Jan 8, 2007
    Heavy, yes. Heavy for a 12 string, not me. It’s by far lighter than my waterstone. As for neck dive... that’s the world of 12 string in my experience. Some more than others. But i don’t find the dug too bad. Lots of people have their ways of fighting neckdive with any bass, 12 or not. Just need to do some research and find what way you like.

ChromeTsunami likes this.
  16. AFAIK,
    Dug's tunings have gotten lower over the years, but generally he used Drop D through KX IV,
    on his twelver songs, but then hung it up for a few albums.
    On Dogman, he only used a four string, dropped a half step to Drop Db, mostly,
    but also used Drop B on a few songs.
    He brought out the twelver again, tuned to Drop B, for Happy, on Tapehead.
    Bulbous had a bunch of songs on a four, in Drop A.
    He seemed to settle on Drop C, from Manic Moonlight and forward.
    Pray, from KX XV, is on a twelver, tuned to Drop C.

In review, dUg has tuned in just about everything, from E standard, all the way down to Drop A :)

17. ChromeTsunami

ChromeTsunami

Aug 7, 2018
    UK
    Weight is just under 4.5Kilos or 10lb

Heavy Blue likes this.
  18. ElectricBass72

ElectricBass72

Aug 6, 2019
    Virginia
    Dogman is the best King's X album, IMO. I liked the sound of Silent Planet, Gretchen, Faith and #4 self titled... but the Dogman album was a sonic and songwriting masterpiece. I ruined some stereo speakers playing "Pillow" from Dogman. Pillow will destroy inferior speakers. Dug's bass track in that song is not necessarily progressive or intricate... but it shakes the earth like few have in the past. The mastering on Dogman was top notch... great dynamics throughout the entire album.

19. Savage_Dreams

Savage_Dreams

Jan 8, 2007
    Just a little in studio jam, DP-12, Tech 21 dUg pedal, mel9

BritFunk, Goatrope, bigtone23 and 2 others like this.
  20. B-Mac

B-Mac Just like Aretha Sang... R-E-S-P-E-C-T Supporting Member

Can you tell me the first letters of your serial number. Just the letters
    Thanks

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 17, 2021