schecter elite 4 sound

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dancrosbie, Oct 3, 2005.

1. dancrosbie

Apr 25, 2005
    I have the Schecter Elite 4 bass and an Ampeg 220watt combo amp. I was wondering if there's anyway i can get it to sound more like a precision bass. I don't exactly like the sound of it for the type of music I am playing (pop punk/rock). Thanks.
  2. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Your probably not going to get that real old school mid growl with that bass but if you try just the neck pickup with the highs rolled off a bit it may come close. I own the Elite 5 but I also own a passive Fender Jazz v. Two different worlds. :bassist:
  3. tbwilson

Dec 11, 2006
    concord NH area
    To be honest i don't really think there are to much your can do about it.
  4. Mo' Bass 00

Mo' Bass 00

Aug 15, 2006
    I tried a couple of Squire P Basses at a store near me and was impressed at how good they were for the money! That may be the better way, I own two Schecters and love them both but they are a long way from being a P Bass!:smug:
  5. Soulfinger

Sep 20, 2004
    Houston, TX
    You could wire in an active/passive switch. I have a bass with passive EMG HZ's (that's the same pickup I think), and the neck pup is definitley in p-bass land, though a bit warmer and with more low end.
  6. Soulfinger

Sep 20, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Or just buy a p-bass! There's enough p-bass copies to be had for short money on the used market.