1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Schecter endorsement?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AxxGrey, May 7, 2015.

1. AxxGrey

AxxGrey

Apr 23, 2015
    Do any of you have an endorsement from Schecter, or know someone who does? What did you do to get the endorsement, and what benefits does it entail?

2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

E-mail Schecter and they will tell you. Most major players expect either international distribution or you to be on a major label, some will work with national touring acts as well.

If you are expecting free gear, prepare for a let down. Endorsements are usually only discounts, the real deal is with the support you get from the company.

I do not know anybody signed with Schecter but I do know some endorsed players.

scourgeofgod likes this.
  3. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    Very helpful and useful post. Just one comment.. Terminology is important with this. The players do the endorsing, not the company. So they are "endorsing players", not "endorsed players".

4. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    You have to keep one thing in mind : you have to be a artist with a signed contract at a record company.

5. scourgeofgod

scourgeofgod

Aug 17, 2006
    Yeah pretty much what diabolus said in regards to free gear etc. I knew a kid that was either "sponsored by" or was "endorsing" Ampeg, whatever, didn't stop him from requesting to borrow my Ashdown gear. When I asked what was up with that my drummer told me that they don't give him anything. Also, years ago I was reading about a guitarist from a big time touring metalcore band and his Ibanez deal, Ibanez built him a custom guitar and also completely customized one of his existing guitars, but he had to pay for both.