Schecter exotic bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Indiana Mike, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005

I have a chance to pick up a brand new one for $650-$700 range.List is about $1150 but I don't always fall for that unless it is a name brand known to retain value.
    I really like the way it feels and plays,it ate me up last night and I have found myself jonesing for it.I feel the price may be a little high. I worry about paying to much and possible resale as it may not be there if I decide to ever sell it or trade up.
    I cannot find much info on these as far as reviews or prices on web sites.
    Does anybody have one or know anything good or bad about these?
  2. jacko spades

jacko spades

Jan 9, 2006
    Central FL
    both of the guitarists in my band play schecters, and they are very well made and rugged. They also seem to hold their value better than most non-household name brands. The dude From STP used a schecter bass, but it was a lot more p-bass like.
  3. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    MF sells these for $799 so that sounds like a good price to me.
    From what I've seen, Schecters don't seem to hold a very good resale price. That being said, they are excellent basses for what you pay for them. Also that model is fairly new, so finding a used one probably won't be easy for a couple years.
    I guess what I'm saying is if you like the bass, buy it, play it, keep it.
    For what it's worth, I love my Schecter Elite 5. I paid $599 for it and couldn't be happier. I do know someome who has two used custom 5's for sale at $350 in the St Louis area. So that kind of tells you what to expect if you decide to sell.
  4. IotaNet

IotaNet Supporting Member

Schecter makes some very good, if unique, basses. I'm impressed with their quality and style.

As a matter of fact, I'll be picking up this one next month:

Schecter Baron

Per normal, I'll post a full report!:smug:
  5. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

I was looking at one of those zebrawood Schecters today as the store guys were wrapping up my new CV-4. Looked very nice.

Here's my new one-off prototype CV-4. Mahogany body with burl top. Some don't care for SD "designed" pickups, but they sound good to me.
  6. mmorbidfaithMM

Dec 31, 2005
    I've just discovered that the Schecter Exotics have been discontinued. They were introduced in the beginning of 2005 and the guy on the phone said that he hadn't heard of any replacement being in production.
    I was referred here: DrumCityGuitarland, the best seller of Schecter for years I guess.
    Schecter sent me to them for my Exotic bass when I called, he said he got the last 20 from Schecter and I had ordered his last one. Maybe it was BS, but he sold it to me for $599 which I thought was a pretty sick deal. (I think it's because on musicians friend you get a case with it for free; he was charging for the case).

Just relaying my findings for anyone else out looking for this bass.