Schecter Hellcat???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ebozzz, Aug 4, 2002.

1. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    I doubt that it's for me but does anyone know anything about this Hellcat??

The HELLCAT features a 34" scale bolt-on neck with an Alder body. Standard neck specs include rock maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard, 21 jumbo frets, 12" radius and Schecter's 'over-sized' 4-in-line headstock with matching headstock.

The HELLCAT'S unique tone array comes from three (3) custom-wound Ken Armstrong 'Lipstick' pickups. Standard hardware includes chrome Schecter tuners, 3-Ply pearloid pickguards and a Vintage bass bridge. Hellcat basses available in custom Solid See-Thru and Flake finishes.

2. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    I think the thing looks amazing. I dont know how it sounds but if it sounds good, my gas may be through the roof if it werent for the fact that it doesnt come in a five string. I dont know about the pup switching either, however, the way it looks seems to be a bit limited.

A side note, Becks bass player (his name slips my mind) plays one live on SNL, for an idea of tone. I know he uses a wide array of basses so I dont know if you can look at anyone CD for an idea of tone from him...let alone anyone I guess.
  3. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I've always thought those looked interesting, but haven't come across one to try out yet.

I really like my 3 p'up basses; FBB and Danelectro Hodad. It's a cool config.

Schecter does make some nice stuff.
  4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay

And the Beck thing.

5. LowEndRider

LowEndRider Guest

Mar 4, 2002
    Retro Slobber........Retro Droool.......

I Like it!
  6. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i'd love to try one. schecter makes really interesting bass and guitars that unfortunately are not available in italy.