Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Schecter Hellcat???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ebozzz, Aug 4, 2002.

1. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    I doubt that it's for me but does anyone know anything about this Hellcat??

[​IMG]

The HELLCAT features a 34" scale bolt-on neck with an Alder body. Standard neck specs include rock maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard, 21 jumbo frets, 12" radius and Schecter's 'over-sized' 4-in-line headstock with matching headstock.

The HELLCAT'S unique tone array comes from three (3) custom-wound Ken Armstrong 'Lipstick' pickups. Standard hardware includes chrome Schecter tuners, 3-Ply pearloid pickguards and a Vintage bass bridge. Hellcat basses available in custom Solid See-Thru and Flake finishes.

[​IMG]

2. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    I think the thing looks amazing. I dont know how it sounds but if it sounds good, my gas may be through the roof if it werent for the fact that it doesnt come in a five string. I dont know about the pup switching either, however, the way it looks seems to be a bit limited.

A side note, Becks bass player (his name slips my mind) plays one live on SNL, for an idea of tone. I know he uses a wide array of basses so I dont know if you can look at anyone CD for an idea of tone from him...let alone anyone I guess.

3. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I've always thought those looked interesting, but haven't come across one to try out yet.

I really like my 3 p'up basses; FBB and Danelectro Hodad. It's a cool config.

Schecter does make some nice stuff.

4. I know I want one.;)

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Ditto

And the Beck thing.

Peace
    Nick

6. LowEndRider

LowEndRider Guest

Mar 4, 2002
    Australia
    Retro Slobber........Retro Droool.......

I Like it!

7. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i'd love to try one. schecter makes really interesting bass and guitars that unfortunately are not available in italy.

sigh!