Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SCHECTER JAZZ BASS INFO?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RealBK, Apr 23, 2002.

1. RealBK

RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
    Hi, Anyone out there got a Schecter Jazz bass?
    Are they any good? Do they still make them?
    Anyone post a pic of one?
    I seen the bass player from the STEREOPHONICS (I think) use one? (On the later with Jools Holland show)

Thanks.

2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    My local guitar shop Classic Axe is a big Schecter dealer. A couple years ago I played a honey Jazz 5 for hours one day, I was -this close- to trading in my Fender Jazz V + cash for it but went for a low price Dean Edge five string fretless (my first fretless) and keep the Jazz V. I am incredibly happy with my descision to keep the Fender Jazz V (which I love). That's not to take anything away from the Schecter, it was and is a significantly better bass than my Fender, but if I got it that would mean I don't have my Dean Edge 5 fretless, which has become the most played (and most loved) of all my basses.

Anyway, sorry about the long story. The short version is this: The Schecter Jazz basses are fantastic pieces. The quality you get for the price is really exceptional, these are real top shelf stuff. The ash body on the one I tried was beautiful and light. And the passive JJ pickups with traditional passive wiring is right up my alley, excatly what I like. If I could afford it, I'd own that honey 5 string that continues to haunt me in a NOS way every time I go to that shop.

... but not as much as that darned Olympic White NOS Hamer 2-Tec Cruise five string fretless with brown tortise pickguard and bassline pickups that absolutely tortures me.