Schecter Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mulepods, Mar 2, 2006.

1. mulepods

mulepods Guest

Feb 20, 2006
  2. ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    Those look like Delano-style pickups, except on there the strings aren't lined up with the pole pieces :eyebrow:

Heh, it has the "Mark Hoppus" style pickguard. Interesting.

I think there was some discussion about this bass in the Schecter Megathread......
  3. I own a california custome shop version of that bass. Mine is a great jazz bass as far as construction and feel. It was my main ax for years but it was maybe a bit to clean sounding for rock and roll. Im using it now in a funk band side project, it sounds great, every note is very articulated and focused. I would be very interested in how the Diamond series version stacks up? Probably crap-ola :)

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

We dont see to many bassist on the east coast playing Schecter USA Custom Shop basses , i would love to check out what they are all about.
  5. My USA Shecter is right there with the best of them quality wise etc... similar to a Mile lull, Lakland, or maybe a sadowsky, Im not sure, although it feels really top notch when Im out comparing it to other basses and browsing about the music stores. Im just really glad I have a new project that it sounds like the right bass for.
  6. Saw it about a week ago as I was doing a little guitar research. I dig it, I really LOVE the one piece pickguards ala Hoppus, been wanting a jazz like that forever. I really hope that the poles line up with the strings better in person.. That pic is very off.

7. resurrecting an oldie here... due to both my basses being at the local luthier through this next tuesday, i rehearsed last night with one of the beater basses that's banished to the corner of the studio we share with another couple of bands. this particular bass is a distant predecessor to the one pictured in this thread...

was not expecting much, being that this bass had been spray-painted with some gold sparkly stuff (right over top of the bridge, obviously nothing was removed) and the body looked like it had been tossed around on many an occasion as it sported an assortment of dings, divots and abuse...

but after plugging in and tuning up, this bass sounds pretty pretty pretty good! action and intonation weren't off but it wasn't exactly in prime shape either... no matter; total ~MWAH~ on the mids, and no 60-cycle hum when dicking around with what appeared to be the stock single coil pups... might be the finest-sounding castoff bass i've ever fondled.