Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Schecter jazz basses - rumor, or reality?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by WillySanchez, Aug 18, 2002.

1. I've been eying up schecter jazz basses lately, but i find the only place you can see them is on their website, ive never seen one, nor do i know anyone who owns one. where can i buy one? and how much do they run?

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    The american made Jazz basses from Schecter go for a bit over $1000 new. Add $200 for a five string.

These prices are based on what I see a local retailer selling them for. You might want to contact Schecter for a dealer in your area.

3. funkfish

funkfish Guest

Jun 20, 2002
    U.S., Princeton, NJ
    this? i dont see a jbass on their site
    [​IMG]

heres a p:
    [​IMG]

4. Blackbird

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    No, those are imports. he means the american ones like this one. You just had to look a little harder.

And talking about looking a little harder, there's a dealer locator on their website.

[​IMG]

5. funkfish

funkfish Guest

Jun 20, 2002
    U.S., Princeton, NJ
    i found this one, $599 retail price, thats pretty good. still lookin for where you found yer $1000 one
    [​IMG]

6. funkfish

funkfish Guest

Jun 20, 2002
    U.S., Princeton, NJ
    found em!

this is creepy:
    [​IMG]

then theres:
    [​IMG] and [​IMG]

too expensive. id rather get a fender.

7. im well aware the dealer finder, but they dont help when the closest dealer is two hour away.

8. Then why ask "where can I buy one"?

Mike

9. none of the dealers i spoke to carried them, and none of them had prices on them, it made me feel like those basses were just some kind of conspiracy

10. Well, I'm sure the dealers stock what they think will sell, and the cheaper Diamond series probably moves a lot quicker. The higher-end Schecter stuff just doesn't carry the same sort of prestige that it used to, now that the quality of the basic Fedner stuff has gotten so much better than it was when Schecter started.

It looks from the dealer locator like there are Schecter dealers in Scranton and Allentown -- those aren't two hours from Wilkes-Barre, are they? (I used to live in State College and drive to Scranton to visit Bass Palace and Bethleham to visit Guitar Villa, but my memory of the geography is a bit fuzzy...)

Mike

11. If you can find one, they're well worth checking out. Great basses. I've come to the conclusion (again) that I'm just not a J-bass guy, and even so it hurt to sell mine. I kept finding excuses to keep it around 'just a few weeks longer', the playability and feel was so nice. It had the longest tenure of any J-bass I've ever had around, and it almost stuck.

mike
    dude's roadie

12. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    before this nu-metal thing started happening they made some damn fine basses. i havent played once since prolly 97 that i gave much regards. my schecter custom was pretty close to de leo's. may i just say it rocked hard. i had a dumb moment and traded it in on a warwick. prolly one of the best passive basses i ever owned. pawn shop find for 275.

13. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    A friend of mine is getting ready to sell a very sweet American Schecter Jazz. Exposed pickups, 2tek bridge and plays like butter.

[​IMG]

14. Blackbird

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    You need a hobby.

15. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
  16. i have a hobby...its playing the bass

17. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Hey, I can say that, too!
    http://www.classicaxe.com/index.cfm

At least a few years ago.

I've played a lot of the American made Schecter basses at Classic Axe and they are really fantastic instruments. I almost bought a honey 5 string Jazz a couple years ago and they still have it.

I completely agree with Mike
    Russ moves the Diamond series basseas and guitars like they're going out of style, but unforntunately the USA customs Schecters don't seem to move. Personally I didn't buy the honey jazz because I am so happy with my USA Fender Jazz V, it would not really have been an upgrade.