Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Schecter Lefty players...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nerf, Jul 23, 2004.

1. nerf

nerf

Jun 4, 2004
    Hey, good people of talk Bass. I play left handed, I've done the search thing here on Schecter Basses, and read numerous reviews (Harmony Central, BGR, etc.). I've got G.A.S, I'm close to ordering one of the Stiletto Diamond series 4 string left handed basses, I've read alot of good things about them here, but couldn't tell if any were from lefty players since there was no denotion of it in the posts.

I've played (flipped over) the Deluxe, Custom, and Elite models at Guitar Center (they didn't have the more expensive Studio 4), they all sounded great, and I'm leaning towards

the Custom:

[​IMG]

and the Elite:

[​IMG]

The Custom is a bolt on neck, mahogany body with flame maple top while the Elite is neck thru maple body, with flame maple top. The electronics on both are passive pups, with active 2 band eq's. 1 different color shceme comes with each, but that's not a concern to me right now.
    What I'm wondering, are the leftys comprable to the righty's I've played? Is the Studio that much better? Been impressed with Schecter so far, seems to be a good bang for the buck, but would like some input from any lefty players of these basses. Right handers feel free to give opinions also, on what models you prefer, playability, quality etc.

Thanks [​IMG]

2. werner vw

werner vw

Mar 26, 2004
    paris
    Hi. Schecter is great. I have a stiletto studio 6. If you can buy the stiletto studio 4. it has neck thru, EMG pickup and preamp. This the best of the stiletto familly.

If you can't buy the studio 4 take the elite it has neck thru too.

3. DaBassman

DaBassman

Mar 25, 2002
    Oneonta, NY
    Just getting ready to get a lefty Stiletto Studio 6!! Glad to hear some commments, thanks!

4. Assumer

Assumer

Mar 26, 2003
    Arkansas
    I have a schecter CV5 and like it. Not as gooda as my sterling but a nice bass and half the price.