Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Schecter model T 5 =cheese

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Toneman, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Toneman

Toneman

Jun 6, 2001
    Long Island
    I couldn't belive when I was working on my model T5 and had the pup covers off that the pups are four string pups on a five so that none of the pole pieces which are hidden under the cover line up anywhere close to the string not to mention that its undersized as well. I was wondering why this bass didn't have the fender P thump. Now I know.

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

That is a sad game that some manufacturers play on their low end 5 strings. The Squier P Bass Special 5 is the same way. The pickups are 4 string J pickups under longer covers.

3. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    my old pilot plus 5 was like that, and the pickups were sealed so i couldn't do anything about it.

but if you can pull the pickup out of the cover, try putting some little washers or other conductive metal inside the end of the cover on the b string end. supposedly it kindof acts as a polepiece - helps a little. worth a shot maybe?

4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Im guessing yours is the Diamond Series, and doesnt have the EMGs.

I really wanted one for a while, but when looking around eBay I saw that there is a lot of variation in the specs of these basses and felt uneasy getting something that could either be great or not so great.

Maybe you should try dropping some EMGs or Barts in there.

They both have models with bar poles that go across the entire face of the pickup and have no problems with string alignment.

Peace
    Nick