1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Schecter Model-T question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lowendblues, Jun 12, 2012.

1. lowendblues

lowendblues Supporting Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Anyone ever swap out the neck on their model T with a Mighty Mite or Warmoth neck? Will a replacement bolt right on?

I really like my Model T bass, but would rather have one with Jazz bass specs.

2. mooninmyboot

mooninmyboot

Mar 19, 2011
    A Schecter Model T with a Jazz spec neck would be one sweet bass. Please let me know if you ever do the mod. I've wanted to pick up a butterscotch Model T but the only thing holding me back was the thick neck.

3. lowendblues

lowendblues Supporting Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Ohio
    The stock neck is good, but a little "flat" for me. I'd really like to try a Jazz taper with some radius.

4. Mmm. Weird.

I have a Fender P (USA) and a Schecter model-T (I like it better) and my Model-T is more like a J Bass taper. Not like my P at all. If I wasn't so lazy I'd get em out to measure, but from what I remember the T is narrower at the nut.

I thought Schecter's idea was to make the Diamond P more like a P, and the T and J have similar profiles. I'm probably wrong.

The economy stinks. I've had the T for sale on CL for a month and no bites.