1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Schecter Model T Session

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LBS-bass, Nov 7, 2018.

1. lowdownthump

lowdownthump

Jul 17, 2004
    Very nice. How’s the weight?

LBS-bass and EdBo like this.
  2. LBS-bass

LBS-bass Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2017
    California
    I didn't weigh it but the first thing I said when I picked it up was that it feels about the same weight as my jazz, so somewhere right around 9 lbs, which is ok with me.

lowdownthump and EdBo like this.
  3. mattygbass

mattygbass Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Stafford Springs, CT
    I am waiting for mine to come today, I’m really excited to try it out. I’ve only read good things, and some great sounds from YT..
    I’m really hoping that I get one on the lighter side, and also good fretwork. That’s the main thing. I’m so used to my US lakland that has impeccable fretwork, if I get any buzzes it’s probably going back. I do great set up work, but frets are something I don’t screw with. Have any of you guys had any schecters that had shotty fretwork?

EdBo likes this.
  4. EdBo

EdBo

May 10, 2015
    Springfield, Ohio
    *Peace be with You*
    I have no problem doing fret Jobs if needed and none of my 7 Schecters needed anything but set up to my liking. 3 of them are newer instruments and my 4 Model T's are the Old style/non Session's. One of the older used Model-T's that I have, the only one crafted in China, has had fretwork done on it. I can tell because whoever done it didn't do a very good job of re-crowning the frets but, I'm not going to do anything to it because it plays and sounds so good as it is. The Bass is pretty road-worn so I suspect someone played the frets half off of it and did some fretwork before the sold it to the previous owner that I purchased it from.
    All the recent reports I've read on the Model T Session have been really good. I really believe you'll be very impressed with the Craftsmanship. Unless Schecter changed something, the stock strings SUCK, IMO and others also. So be prepared to get a new set of strings to enhance the tone once you check everything else out.
    **Peace**
    Eddie
    MT's.

5. mattygbass

mattygbass Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Stafford Springs, CT
    Thanks for your response Ed.unfrtunately, this ones going back, it had a one inch long scratch on the neck. It’s a shame, It sounds and plays and feels amazing. It is on the heavier side around 10 pounds. Hopefully the exchange works out a little better... but as far as the playability and sound, wow!! Also this first one they sent me, it had a strange imperfection in the grain pattern, looking at it from a few feet away at right angle it looks like a four inch jagged scratch. I’ll try and post a pic later.

EdBo likes this.
  6. EdBo

EdBo

May 10, 2015
    Springfield, Ohio
    *Peace be with You*
    I hope you end up with a good one. Good luck.