1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Schecter Monstertone P / Aero Type 3 P

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by KF2B, Jun 11, 2017.

1. KF2B

KF2B

Jan 28, 2013
    Finland
    Anyone with experience regarding these?

The Schecters are newly introduced a while back...
    monstertone-p-bass-pickup-back-highres9.
    oriu6xeb3sgun2vsjqej.

2. KF2B

KF2B

Jan 28, 2013
    Finland
    CĀ“mon guys - someone has had to try it!

3. EdBo

EdBo

May 10, 2015
    Springfield, Ohio
    *Peace be with You*
    I have 2 Michael Anthony signature Basses with Monster Tone pickups in them. I Love the MA 78's . The P is amazing. I never use a bridge pickup anyway. I've never seen the pickup your referring to but, I'll be looking into it . I love P pickups with Ceramic magnet's, they seem to have that Low/Mid grind I like.​

DistortedBass likes this.
  4. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    I played a lot of Schecter basses in the 1980s that had "MonsterTone" pickups, and they looked fairly similar to the ones pictured in the OP (although most had a band of copper surrounding the wire, not completely exposed like that pic) and they were excellent pickups. But if those are truly "newly introduced a while back" they might only be similar in appearance.

Unless "a while back" meant >30 years?

5. EdBo

EdBo

May 10, 2015
    Springfield, Ohio
    *Peace be with You*
    Of the 2 MA 78's I have neither have the brass baseplates as they came stock in Korean made Michael Anthony Basses. 1 measures 12.9 k and the other is 12.6 k. I actually can tell the difference between them and prefer the 12.6 k. It has slightly more mid-range but both Grind !
    Absolutely the best passive P pickups I've ever used !

6. DistortedBass

DistortedBass

Nov 10, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Schecter Guitars Endorsee
    The MA signature pickups are actually copies of his original 79 Schecter P bass, so they are meant to be identical to the OG ones