Schecter Omen-4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by riotkid976, Jan 31, 2004.

1. riotkid976

Jan 30, 2004
    I'm getting ready to finaly upgrade from my Ibanez CT Series and im thinking about getting a Schecter Omen-4. Can anyone give me any pros/cons/reviews on this bass, it would be greatly apreciated.
  2. I've never played an Omen before but I have played an 004 Elite and a Stiletto Elite and I really liked both of them. If I were you I'd save a little longer for an 004 or Stiletto. I like the neck alot, its substantial with out feeling too big or small, and it doesnt sound dead or anything. I've played these unsetup in guitar center, so they should be even better with a good set up. What kind of music do you want to play? The EMG's in the stiletto might be a little hot if your playing jazz or something. Good luck.
  3. riotkid976

Jan 30, 2004

well, im lookin to play mostly punk and hardcore...maybe a little metal. I like the 004 but i think its a little out of my price range.
  4. overamplified

overamplified Banned

May 26, 2004
    The Omens are sweet sweet basses. Def. can't go wrong with them, or any Schecter, for that matter.
  5. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I haven't played that model but have played the Stiletto Elite and was thoroughly impressed. It will probably be my next bass. For the money Schecters are hard to beat, IMO. If the quality is as good as the Stiletto, the Omen should be a pretty nice bass.
  6. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i am seriously looking at the C-5 right now. for that price it is a very nice piece of lumber. Other websites (, harmony central, etc) all show good user reviews of these and the Omens.