Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Schecter Omen4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by steve66, Sep 23, 2005.

1. I just played the Schecter Omen4. I was very impressed with the sound and feel. I can buy it new for $299.00. He gave me a good price. Is this bass worth it. I dont know much about the company only what I read in their catalog and website. The person in the music store had all kinds of basses, some cheaper and some more /very expensive. I was ready to spend up to $500.00. He could have recommened a more expensive bass but He highly recommended the schecter which was less that I wanted to spend. I orginally wanted a ibanez sr400

For those of you that own Schecters, are you satisified with the quality. What are the pros and cons. I will be using it for all types of music..rock funk slap

Thanks

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Personally I think the Omen is a great starter bass.

Schecter builds a really good instrument for the price. For more info on Schecter use the search feature at the top of the forum. Just type in Schecter and hit enter!

3. Kelly,
    Thanks for replying. The Omen 4 is the same as the Stiletto Deluxe 4EB. I tried the higher end Schecters, (C-4 w/ EMG pickups and Elite 4) they all appeared to have the same neck size. They all felt the same to me. The uniqueness of the Elite is in the laminate Neck and the bridge (each string has its own). The Elite appeared to have a bit more sustain. I was impressed at the versatility of the basses. I played each through a Fender Rumble 15 and and Hartke VX3500. Sounded great with either amp. I did other reseach and agree with you that Schecter is definiately a decent company with a great product. I just hope they stay affordable.

Thanks again