Schecter? or suggestions? :)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SpiralStatic, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Hey all.

i have been playing Bass for almost 2 years and have decided that it is time to move on to a 5 string.

i saw this very Bass at a shop (with a £70 disscount cause the owner knows my dad :p ) ... What do you think?

i will probably be spending £300-£450, and want a good 5 string Bass that will last a long time and that is good for slapping.

any suggestions will be very welcome :)

2. truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    do a search there was a post with a lot of replys about 2 weeks ago
  3. dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    I haven't tried that particular Schecter Stiletto model, but I've tried the neck-thru Studio and Elite models. Both were excellent but I lean more to the satin-y finish of the Studio. I believe the Custom (the model yr buying) is a bolt-on neck and clearly has a very snappy looking flamed maple top; otherwise is quite similar to the classy Studio. I think this is an excellent bass with plenty of bang for the buck. In fact, Schecters in general are excellent guitars/basses that are very VERY reasonably priced (especially if it’s a discontinued model).

Off hand the best bang-for-buck deals going right now (at least here in the States) is the G&L Tribute line and the mid-price ranged Diamond Series Schecters (even their low-end models are pretty good compared to Ibanez and Samick, et al). I don't know how the Koreans do it for so little money but I say get while the getting is good!

4. thats what i needed, thanks alot guys.

still, does anybody have suggestions of Basses in a similar price range?

thanks again :D
  5. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Wow, seeing Marty in the background is kinda cool!
  6. dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    Well the G&L Tribute 2500,
    Ibanez SR 5005s and up (the SR 9005 is fantastic but its a bit pricey),
    Ibanez BTB 5s,
    The Lakland Skyline models are great but you may have to get one used depending on the model and how much yr willing to spend).
    The MTD Kingston and Heir models,
    Schecter C-5; Whoa, I'm just getting warmed up...

7. im really glad i found this forum.

thanks, i'll check them all out ;)

8. I really like the Ibanez BTB1205E actually...

i'll give them all a try next time im at a music shop!
  9. dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    Yes!!! Or even a used older BTB 1005 or any BTB higher than the 405 models (though the BTB405 isn't bad, but the higher end stuff is sooooooooo good especially if you score a used or NOS model on the cheap!).

10. Ibanez is the way to go! [​IMG]

The BTB feels and plays really well, my only gripe happens to be the Bartolini electronics. I just cannot stand the Bartolini sound anymore.

I do however dig the sound produced by Seymour Duncans.
  11. I own a Schecter Stilletto Custom 4. The bass came setup from the factory and sounds awesome. The narrow neck makes it easy to play the lower registers. This bass is very versatile. My next bass will be the Schecter Stilletto Custom 5.