schecter robert deleo modifications...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by thetaurus, May 4, 2003.

1. thetaurus

May 28, 2002
    Muncy, PA
    so i've been looking for a second bass for awhile now, and i've decided i really like the p/j configuration. i was in a local store here yesterday and they had just gotten in a schecter robert deleo 4 string. i played it, and i liked it. mainly i like the body shape and weight. the pickups sounded okay, but i was thinking that if i bought it, i'd eventually put a dimarzio model p, and model j in it. also...the neck felt alright, but i was wondering if anyone knew if a warmoth p bass neck would be direct fit for this bass. also, what about a badass 2? would that be a direct fit? please let me know. thanks.
  2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I don't think that a Warmoth neck will fit. I have a DeLeo 4 with a broken neck & I tried a Mighty Mite neck on it & it was way too big. I put the neck on a Warmoth body & it was slightly bigger.

The BadAss II will be a direct replacement as will the pickups.
  3. thetaurus

May 28, 2002
    Muncy, PA for the neck, it was just a thought. the pickups would be a definate replacement. the thing that worries me about this bass is that the pickups are closer together, and closer to the bridge, so would that make it lack alittle in the low end? and if so, would the dimarzio model p, and model j pickups make a major difference? i really like the way the bass looked and felt, but the emg pickups just didn't sound good to me. maybe it was because i was playing through a peavey nitrobass head, but i don't know.