1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Schecter stargazer bass 5 string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Liha1986, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Liha1986

Liha1986

Nov 20, 2010
    Im looking to buy schecter stargazer 5 string bass. I don't know much about it but from what i read it is very versatile bass. Another thing is why can't i buy it from musicians friend or music123?? I would be glad if someone could give me more info on this bass....

2. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    I get the impression that Schecter has some weird distribution systems in general, not just with the Stargazer. Most stores that carry them always seem to have various editions of the Stiletto and possibly a Diamond J or P and rarely a Stargazer, Riot, Raiden or anything else. The bass I've always wanted is a Model T and I've NEVER seen one in any store before.

Look them up on Amazon.com and you'll see probably every model they offer.
    Also-they periodically have some REALLY good deals on certain models. You'll see basses with no price listed and you have to put one in a virtual "cart" before you see the price. You can score some really good deals this way.

I recently got a Model T in Butterscotch for $362-they normally sell for $649!

3. Liha1986

Liha1986

Nov 20, 2010
    I have schecter stilleto custom and it is an awesome bass and that i why i want another schecter. T model seem like p deluxe bass because of the pickups. How does it sound?? Thanks for the info!!

4. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    I'll let everyone know how the Model T sounds later today.
    I got it a couple weeks ago and I finally have a rehearsal this afternoon.
    I mean, it sounds fine down in my basement, but I really need to know how it holds up when we have everybody playing.

I will say this though- that bass came out of the box with an excellent setup-the strings were actually a bit lower than where I normally set them. and the fretwork was really nice too.
    They might be made in mass quantities but they definitely get some TLC before they get shipped out.

5. Liha1986

Liha1986

Nov 20, 2010
    How did it sound? The stilleto custom i have sounds awesome when i play with band. It has massive tone and it keeps easy up with drums..

6. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    The Model T was a total HIT at rehearsal yesterday. My lead guitarist said it was the best sounding bass I've brought to rehearsal so far. ( I own 9 altogether)

It was really punchy and definitely cut through- I was well-heard in the mix with drums, vocals and 2 guitars. I mainly used the P pickup and mixed in the J on some of the songs.

I really didnt do anything terribly different at the amp either. I just put a small amount of boost on the lower mids and cut the bottom slightly.

Its easy to play- the neck is somewhere in between a P and J in profile and the frets were really nicely done. But I also have to be honest, Im not very picky about necks. About the only thing I dont like are some of the absurdly thin Ibanez necks I've played.
    For a stock, passive 4 banger bass, this is DEFINITELY a keeper.

I'm going to post more full review in a separate thread later.

Thanks for asking!