Schecter Stargazer "Ric" copies w/EMG pickups

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DavidEdenAria, Nov 18, 2015.

1. DavidEdenAria

DavidEdenAria

Dec 13, 2013
    On a Hill
    I saw one of these hanging in a store...it had a pair of EMG pickups...did not get to try it out.

Anyone know about these?

Does it get Ric tones?

2. jd56hawk

jd56hawk Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    It's pretty versatile but I don't think it can nail the Ric tone...but I like this.

3. Maryvillebass

Maryvillebass Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2015
    Maryville, TN
    now i have to have one.

Robpurdy likes this.
  4. DavidEdenAria

DavidEdenAria

Dec 13, 2013
    On a Hill
    I've read the Stargazer is more of a J bass & MM sound than a Ric sound.

Robpurdy likes this.
  5. Maryvillebass

Maryvillebass Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2015
    Maryville, TN
    To be serious for a moment. I have played the bass in the store and found that it couldnt get either a jazz or a MM tone. It was really just a mash of mud. Its not a good bass. In my opinion of course.

6. jd56hawk

jd56hawk Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Here's a video that might give you an idea of what it sounds like.
    I missed out on one of these Crimson Ghost models last year for $350...I was looking for a white one at the time...but I think I shouldn't have been so particular because the last few Stargazers I saw for sale were all $450 and up. There's one online now for $499 and while you could always find two or three on ebay last year, they simply aren't popping up these days.
    I like 24 frets and the series parallel switching, too.
    Hey, at 4:20 It sounds a bit like the Ric in Dragonaut.

I really think you should try out the one you saw in the store...before it's gone. Give it a good workout. If they have an amp like yours, all the better.
    You might not like the a non-contoured body, unless you're already familiar with a body like this, but I think you'll like the neck...I found it very comfortable and I really liked the easy access to the upper frets.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    Robpurdy likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021