Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Schecter Stelleto 5 string Elite bass...your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FearOfGodX, Jul 7, 2002.

1. FearOfGodX

FearOfGodX

Nov 8, 2001
    I'm absolutely in love with it. I am a HUGE Tool fan and it is the first bass I played for under 2K that actually has the right sound. I'm thinking about picking one up. It'll probably cost me like $500, do you think it would be worth trading in my Ibanez Ergodyne 5 string to put towards this one, or should I hold onto it?

2. deathlee

deathlee

Jul 15, 2002
    I too would be interested in what everyone thinks of this bass. I'm in the market for a new bass (the warrick 5 string just isn't doing it for me any more) and i played this one at my local GC and it played like a dream. Is schecter a quality company? I'd never heard of them untill i played it. It didn't have a price tag when i played it, after i set it down i was like "damn, i hope i can afford something that nice some day", figuring it was a $1500 bass. I asked the salesperson out of curiosity how much it was and about died when he said it was $600. I'm going to go play with it again tomorrow and if i can get it for $600 with a case i will probably go for it, i just hope going from a warrick to a schecter isn't a step down.