1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Schecter Stelleto 5 string Elite bass...your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FearOfGodX, Jul 7, 2002.

1. FearOfGodX

FearOfGodX

Nov 8, 2001
    I'm absolutely in love with it. I am a HUGE Tool fan and it is the first bass I played for under 2K that actually has the right sound. I'm thinking about picking one up. It'll probably cost me like $500, do you think it would be worth trading in my Ibanez Ergodyne 5 string to put towards this one, or should I hold onto it?

2. deathlee

deathlee

Jul 15, 2002
    I too would be interested in what everyone thinks of this bass. I'm in the market for a new bass (the warrick 5 string just isn't doing it for me any more) and i played this one at my local GC and it played like a dream. Is schecter a quality company? I'd never heard of them untill i played it. It didn't have a price tag when i played it, after i set it down i was like "damn, i hope i can afford something that nice some day", figuring it was a $1500 bass. I asked the salesperson out of curiosity how much it was and about died when he said it was $600. I'm going to go play with it again tomorrow and if i can get it for $600 with a case i will probably go for it, i just hope going from a warrick to a schecter isn't a step down.