Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Schecter stiletto 5strn. basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dougray, May 16, 2002.

1. dougray

dougray Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    pros/cons- i am looking at maybe buying one of these they range in price from 349-600+ depending on electronics and if i want a neck thru design,they all have 35" neck,i assume they r made in korea? any thoughts...thnx...

2. im thinking of buying one too, the one im interested in is the studio model and i actually had the chance to try one out, they are fantastic. Lots of bass for the mere 650 they were asking for. im definately gettin one for a backup!

3. berserk

berserk

Aug 24, 2000
    Parma, Ohio
    I have played the 5 and 4 string deluxe versions. I love 'em and can't say enough about 'em. I am currently saving up for a 5 string deluxe in red. They are really lightweight and it may be a cheap bass but they were smart in putting EMG pickups in it and it is super playable. Okay thats enough from me. I say go for it. :D

4. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Hey we sell those at the music store i work at! They sound really good for a lower end bass! The only advice i will give you is try to buy one in a music store so you can play with it! Because about 1 out of 5 we have to send back because it had a really bad frett job done on it! Its almost like it skipped the finish part of the frett board! So just make sure you get it some place that you can feel the fretts before you buy! Other than that they are really good looking and good sounding basses for that price range! We sell alot of them!

5. I have a stiletto 4 and I love it. I wouldn't call it a lower end bass, around $500-$600 would be mid-priced I would think. I could have bought a MIM jazz for the same money, or even a MIA that the local store had on sale because of a ding in the finish, but they didn't have the feel of the Schecter IMO.