1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Schecter Stiletto (advice please)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Cannibal Feast, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Cannibal Feast

Cannibal Feast

Oct 5, 2009
    Can anyone tell me if there is a noticeable difference between the Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 and the Schecter Stiletto Elite 5?
    I know the Studio has 5 knobs while the Elite has only 4. Has anyone played both of them? Is there really that much of a difference?
    I'm pretty sure the Stiletto 5 is the bass I want to buy within the next couple of months. I'm just having a hard time deciding between the two. Looks-wise, I'm inclined to go with the Elite. But if that one extra tone knob makes that big of a difference I might just have to go for that.
    Any input will be greatly appreciated.

2. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    The only noticeable difference between the two bass besides the electronics is the wood type. the schecter stiletto studio has a mahogany and a bubinga wood fused together in one body. the schecter stiletto elite only has a mahogany body. both basses have gold hard ware and multi-laminated bodies. I own a schecter stiletto elite 5-string bass and it sounds awesome. :cool:

3. Cannibal Feast

Cannibal Feast

Oct 5, 2009
    Thanks for the tip. Like I said, I'm leaning toward the Elite. Hopefully, I should be able to pick one up within the next two or three months.

4. rokkitt

rokkitt

Jun 7, 2007
    bronx, nyc
    I have an orange colored elite. They also have red. Get red.

Yes, mine sounds good. Very good quality too.

5. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    The studio5's bubinga top is so ridiculously thin I wouldn't really consider it an asset tone-wise. It's paper thin. Likely has no effect other than looking different visually.

If I recall, the Elite's are 2-band preamps and Bolt-On necks. The Studio's are Neck-Through and 3-band preamps.

A studio5 remains one of two gigging basses I play every weekend.

6. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    The Studio-5 has a EMG 3 band EQ built in where the Elite-5 has a 2 band EMG EQ built in.

You can adjust the tone (treble-mid-bass) on the Studio-5 individually by + or - with the individual tone control knobs. With the Elite-5 you can also adjust the tone with the tone knobs but only treble and bass as there is no mid control knob.

If you want to adjust the frequency range of the EMG's in the Elite-5 there are 2 mini micro switches located inside the battery compartment on the pre-amp printed circuit board that allow you to do this. Because the Studio-5 has a 3 band EQ, it doesn't need or come with the micro-switches. If you want to see the settings available on the micro-switches, check the Schecter club thread. I posted them there a couple of days ago.

Both basses have fairly wide necks and 24 jumbo frets. The neck of the Elite-5 has a high lacquer finish on it to match the body while the Studio-5's neck has a satin finish to match its body.

TD

7. kaputsport

kaputsport

Nov 14, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    Atypical, not a typical...
    Sorry, but the Elites, unless something changed are neck through. I sold mine on criagslist for $300, red 5 string active neckthrough...

8. Cannibal Feast

Cannibal Feast

Oct 5, 2009
    Yeah, I was pretty sure that both the Elite and Studio were neck-through.