1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Schecter Stiletto Stage-4 Four String Bass - $350

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by dxb, Jun 25, 2018.

1. dxb

dxb

Dec 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  2. dxb

dxb

Dec 25, 2016
    When I originally posted this, they were on sale for $400 but now they've gone down to $350.

3. broken keyboard

broken keyboard

Feb 28, 2016
    Would this be a good bass for a beginner to learn on?

4. broken keyboard

broken keyboard

Feb 28, 2016
    I really like the white Stiletto Stage-4 and snagged one before the price went back to $699. But the FENDER MUSTANG P/J is also on sale and is only $49 more ($399) from the same seller although I don't really care fore the green color.

Just wondering if the Mustang is a better guitar.

Which one would you choose at those prices?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  5. dxb

dxb

Dec 25, 2016
    I've never played this bass but I own a Schecter guitar and it has good build quality. I do have the Mustang bass you mention and its also quite good, so I don't really think its a matter of which one is better. They also have different specs- long scale vs short, neck-through vs bolt-on, active pickups vs passive- so its hard to compare, but either should be fine for a beginner.

The Schecter might be a better choice if you're playing metal (especially the 5-string version), and I think in general you get more for your money with Schecter... But then again the Mustang's P-J pickups are versatile and Fenders have better resale value so it probably evens out in the end.

6. Ghoul76

Ghoul76

Jul 23, 2018
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Dang, missed it. :(

7. dxb

dxb

Dec 25, 2016
    Looks like they still have the 5-string model for $450:

Schecter Stiletto Stage-5