1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Schecter Stiletto Studio 4 vs. Specter Legend 4 Custom

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fuzzurin, Sep 1, 2008.

1. fuzzurin

fuzzurin

Apr 2, 2008
    I've been researching buying a new bass for about a month now, and these are the two I've come down to. I play all types of music, but presently I am playing with a jazz group and a tech-metal group. I love the sound of both of these basses, and one of the most important things for me is a fast neck and low action. Which of these would you recommend? I can't decide.

And that should say Spector in the title.

2. Left Left Goose

Left Left Goose Banned

Aug 19, 2008
    ive played the stilletto and the active eq was way to artificial for my taste - i dont mind an artificial sound but its gotta give me a wide array of tones, which it didnt quite do

i wanted to play a legend 5 at my GC but i didnt have the time

hope that helps

3. ysand

ysand

Mar 26, 2005
    Athens/Greece
    Very common dillema, and hence many more threads
    Search button is your friend :)

4. slinginsix

slinginsix

Jan 11, 2005
    upstate ny
    I've played both, and from the research I've done..(Harmony central, etc.) the schecter has a higher quality build. I'm going to go with a Stiletto Custom 5, and I can't wait. It has a very modern, clear but growly tone that I love...good luck.

5. bobinverted

bobinverted Banned

Jul 6, 2008
    Sorry Homos
    Sorry Homos

I asked the same question about a week ago...

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=464518

It's sad how quickly threads get buried here.

6. bobinverted

bobinverted Banned

Jul 6, 2008
    Sorry Homos
    Sorry Homos
    Any luck making a decision?

My local shop actually has a Spector Legend 4 Custom in stock and they are supposed to be getting in a Schector Studio 4 today. I'm still waiting for the call so I can try them both out.

:hyper: